Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Arif..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 12:07 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pray for Arif..

D@mn, get home from work and there is suddenly 3 new pages of posts to this odyssey. I knew something good must have happened.

Congrats Arif, write everything down and sell to Chilton's.

Next up:

1) Video's
2) Quarters
3) Sleep

Old 02-22-2006, 12:51 AM

hey I live in toledo and want to upgrade my turbo and will need some help

also, it seemed there was many problems/roadblocks, what all is needed besides the kit on rennart to complete it?

Old 02-22-2006, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

I don't think anyone has run through this thread and compiled all the info yet.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:32 AM
3rd Gear

16psi is good and no cel or anything yet. I have no idea about rev limiter but I did about 7200 rpm and it was still going....

you'll understand more clearly tomorrow with a vid.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:41 AM
3rd Gear

some pics from today;

This is the part guy made it for me to block the hole on the fmic

Old 02-22-2006, 01:47 AM
3rd Gear

thats like the same thing they used to cover that hole on my greddy intercooler.....so yea its pulls hard??? dosent the evo dv sound pretty much like a bov?

Old 02-22-2006, 01:52 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bgolat

hey I live in toledo and want to upgrade my turbo and will need some help

also, it seemed there was many problems/roadblocks, what all is needed besides the kit on rennart to complete it?
a professional shop, or a lot of time and some handy friends with a decent set of tools. this install is not like doing a cold air intake, like some seem to think.

you can get away with just getting the package as it is. from this thread we've actually made sure that all parts are clearly included so that anyone can see easily what is minimally required. however, if you do some complimentary upgrades, you'll be happier with the end result. we just have it packaged this way, since some people already have the fmic and the exhaust.

call the package stage 2+ and when you include the fmic and exhaust you get to our stage 3.

--- recommendations:

- it's highly recommended to do the high flow 3inch inlet pipe ($249)... so you don't use the tiny restrictive adaptor flange for the stock rubber inlet hose... and so you avoid the collapse of the rubber hose.. sure it works without it, and it might be OK for some people, but not the ones looking for ultimate hp and performance.

- and also high flow cat or test pipe

- a full exhaust with downpipe (like the milltek we have on our site, for example)

- upgraded diverter valve (minimum a bosch "710N".. but it will die in due time, so you might as well get a good one right away)

- and a fmic.... other than that, it's pretty much all you need...

- oh, and if you don't have a local audi/vw tuning shop, invest in a laptop and a vag-com

[8D]

we're only 4hrs away, btw..

$500 labor special on the turbo package installed here.

one guy's coming all the way from maryland tomorrow... [:-]

Old 02-22-2006, 01:52 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: black991.8tq

thats like the same thing they used to cover that hole on my greddy intercooler.....so yea its pulls hard??? dosent the evo dv sound pretty much like a bov?
it is much much better than a bov I think. I dont know how I can describe it but it is awesome.

I'll take the boost about 18psi tomorrow when we're record it. I think it pulls very good. I mean I was driving hard and I did not even understand that I was doing 90 already. it is like people are staying and you're driving around them.

this is the first time I'm aving a car that fast, so maybe it's just me [8D]

Old 02-22-2006, 02:11 AM
3rd Gear

Hooray.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:12 AM
3rd Gear

How are those stocks looking, headshok?

Quick Reply: Pray for Arif..