Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Arif..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 01:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pray for Arif..

from your description of how it happened, it sounds like something got loose somewhere... you might have gone over 25psi too.. it's hard to spot sometimes on a gauge how high you really spiked.. check all hose connections and definitely that big hole in the fmic. also check the wastegate (for example, it could be partially stuck open.. hence not building boost). this would obviously also make you very rich.

the mbc might now be flashy.. but it's AMS' MBC that we include in the package.. it's very very solid! it's works as good as a MBC can work. unless, of course, you don't think (our neighbors btw) AMS does quality parts and work. www.automotosports.com

Old 02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
3rd Gear

I'll take a look at that hole, I hope it is my problem. so Do I need to welding a metal piece over there ?

Renn-Art;
It is almost impossible to access to wg, I check it yesterday but I dont know.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:58 PM

Arif, did you try to close the wastegate, disconect it at all. and check if the car builds the boost.
CAREFULL not to overboost.
If you disconect it and check it if no boost is builded then you have a huge leak.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:59 PM

if that looks like quality maybe i should sell my **** as a rembrant.....and it wouldnt make it run rich at idle bc there is no boost. if the wastegate arm is stuck on something causing to stay open yet another flaw in the kit. im just going to put the money on the freakin hole left in the i/c

Old 02-21-2006, 02:09 PM

and, if car runs rich, it the ECU stile car, if all the sensors are okey, then the only ECU controles the AF mix.
I would check the O2 sensor, then Turn the boost UP NOT DOWN. You saying that the car runs reach then All you need is more air.

Move wastegage pulley to check if the valve moves. Disconect all the electrical controles over the boost. And try to run boost.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: aRIf

I'll take a look at that hole, I hope it is my problem.
I hope thats not your problem if it could have sucked some duct tape into your engine.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:55 PM

if he did that he wouldnt have an engine right now. when tom melted his spark plug his engine blew instantly

Old 02-21-2006, 02:58 PM
3rd Gear

I'm going to check it now, I'll let you guys know.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: goldenchild

if that looks like quality maybe i should sell my **** as a rembrant.....
i guess it doesn't look like much... but who cares when you do work on evos that produce 903awhp (all boost).

quality is not always the prettiest.

ORIGINAL: goldenchild

and it wouldnt make it run rich at idle bc there is no boost. if the wastegate arm is stuck on something causing to stay open yet another flaw in the kit. im just going to put the money on the freakin hole left in the i/c
true.. that's what i'd say too.. but again, just a guess, since i'm not there.

also remember that the ndbw's are a lot more sensitive to tiny leaks, mainly since they don't have that boost sensor..

Old 02-21-2006, 04:47 PM

just a question if someone is makin 900 awhp why the hell r they runin a mbc?

Quick Reply: Pray for Arif..