Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Arif..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:40 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Pray for Arif..

ORIGINAL: goldenchild

o ya u need a wideband my friend! plain and simple but i know u dont want to fork out another 300 but u should ull learn ull need one. ive been w/o one long enough and ur never goin to get that thing to run good constantly w/o one.
what is wideband ? I think I also drop it about 20psi tomorrow because I think my car also runs extreamly rich.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:42 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: 2871relimB5A4

i got mine installed but i have some issues. i cant figure it out so im taking it into the shop tomorrow morning. well, i will get it towed there anyways. the car runs, but it wants ot die most of the time. i have to start it with my foot on the gas a little and i dont know whats up. ive messed with it all day and all weekand and im already behind on the homework. ill have the guys at the shop figure it out. this is over my head. its something fuel/air related. once i try to move the car it pretty much dies. but when the RPMs are like 3000 or more it moves like a champ, and then the rpms fall and the car will die. im lost. ill get it taken care of this week.
read my and goldenchild post, maybe you are also extremaly rich. try to run your car about a min and check your plugs see how they are look like.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:43 AM

lol i know my car is runin rich but its not acting like urs. it runs and stays under 1k after warm up. but like i said i just installed a high pressure walbro pump. therefore i dont need to run as much bar with adj fpr. **** i probally dont even need to run one at all with all the pressure that this pump is makin no joke.

a wideband is a unit that has a guage and i thooks to a 5 wire 5v o2 sensor that u have installed in your exhaust so that u can see what your air fuel mixture is. this tells you how rich lean or stoich u r. u could use vag com put ur car doesnt have a stock wideband as the 00+

Old 02-21-2006, 11:51 AM
3rd Gear

Update:

I droped my fpr to 35psi and drove to work today (about 5 miles) I did not go over 3k rpm except only ones to check the boost. When the boost hits 5psi, I can easly feel that car stops itself like something pulling me back to slow down the car.

After I parked my car I use OBO II and got a P1127 manufacturer air and fuel contoller code.

Also when I start the car this morning I saw some black things like ash was comming out from the muffler, but it was like sticky because they stick all the ground where my muffler is.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:53 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: goldenchild

lol i know my car is runin rich but its not acting like urs. it runs and stays under 1k after warm up. but like i said i just installed a high pressure walbro pump. therefore i dont need to run as much bar with adj fpr. **** i probally dont even need to run one at all with all the pressure that this pump is makin no joke.

a wideband is a unit that has a guage and i thooks to a 5 wire 5v o2 sensor that u have installed in your exhaust so that u can see what your air fuel mixture is. this tells you how rich lean or stoich u r. u could use vag com put ur car doesnt have a stock wideband as the 00+
u mean a/f gauge right ? Yeah I really need one. I think I'll get a laptop this week and run my car with vag-com. I need the see other things too, since it runs interesting.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Site Moderator

Maybe instead of buying a laptop you should just pay auto assets or someone to figure it out for you... I mean i think its cool that you are trying to figure all this out, but i just hope you dont unintentionally **** up your engine some how in the process. I mean if you were gunna spend maybe $300 on a used laptop, thats about 4.5 hours of labor at auto assets. I dunno, just a suggestion, I think id cry if you blew up your engine after all this.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:34 PM

lol i have all the black stuff ur reffering to on my garage door and floor. its carbon and will soon ruin ur rear bumper paint! ask tom about that one...me i have a black car already lol. a wideband isnt ur typical a/f guage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

thats a wideband and probally the cheapest ull find one

only thing left to blaim ur problems on is the tuning which is why ur car is runing like that......shoulda went standalone. lol

Old 02-21-2006, 12:36 PM

o ya i think thats what ive been saying from the begining to people when unitronics opened their thread in the zine. the only guy that has a program of theirs that is runing good is the one they did revisions on

Old 02-21-2006, 12:46 PM
3rd Gear

I cannot let it go Jason, I came this close.

I was sercing other forums about my code... and something light up on my head

Q: If my DV is dead and stay open, what happens ?

Old 02-21-2006, 12:50 PM

if its dead which it isnt it would just stay open and not allow u to create boost. what kind of mbc do u have.....ive had alot of problems with a mbc. i was goin to get a electronic boost controller but im not sure if i want to spend the money right now

Quick Reply: Pray for Arif..