Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Arif..

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Pray for Arif..

OK just got back.. I told Arif that he should make the first post on this, but you guys sound like yer gunna bust... the crazy idle was due to the fuel injector rail spacers.. They were too big and the injectors were really lose. Took the spacers out and the idle was good, a little rough, but good-not crazy at all. There is still a boost problem though, hell give it a lot of gas and it bogs down or something. Through a series of start and stop adjustings with the boost controler nothing seemed to help. One time though it went like crazy and was very cool feeling.. But 98% of the time it sounds like it sucks in tons of air, and the boost goes up, but the car just makes a almost grinding noise and there is hardly any power at all. Its not the clutch slipping when this happens becuase rpms stay the same. Couldnt find any boost leaks and the vacuum is ok i think too. He will hopefuly be able to explain it better, but at least he can get around in it and get it out of the garage.

Old 02-18-2006, 08:33 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: trailboss

yea you don't need spacers for them injectors, did renn-art supply them.
No I got it somewhere else.

Old 02-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: aRIf

yea you don't need spacers for them injectors, did renn-art supply them.
No I got it somewhere else.
Sorry man, i couldnt resist posting after reading some of these guys's posts of anticipation.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Site Moderator

You may want to double check your fmic connections. Mine came off once after a hard drive.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:08 PM
2nd Gear

BUMP! lol!

Old 02-18-2006, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: aRIf

ahahahha no one even close to solve the problem

Problem was the injectors. I took out the spacers and put the injectors back and BOOM! works great & great idle

We drove about 30-50 mins with onepoint8tee I was tring to lower my boost because it was going too much. we go like over 20psi couple of times and I had to let the gas go oterwise it was still going

The problem is now I cannot go over 5psi. I dont know why. I push it hard ones and we really feel the power then it did not pass 5psi and still same.

I rent a code reader and there was a missfiring code and erase it, now no code, no cel but cannot pass the 5psi

Any ideas ??? It could be limp mode ? We could not vag it, we'll do it tomorrow.

ahem, I did sugest injector, read back. Thank you.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:25 PM
2nd Gear

are you sure about the injectors, do you have exact values like 440cc @ 30psi 12V 3-5ohm resistants. The program is writen on 440cc injectors, but theirs injectors are diferent that yours.

You definatly has too reach condition set, do you have any boost builded up?

try disconecting some sensors like O2 and maf. There be no permemant damage, just check engine light. also check other sensors also like throtle position.

try disconecting the whole housing from the throtle body, ohh wait, just the tube that suplies the air.

try checking the idle control system, I dont remember exact is it seperate valve or a servo that opens the throtle.

Do you have any smok coming from the exausts.

EDIT: If you were near me, I would definatly would come and help. Did you try to flore the pedal for breaf time, or did you try holdning it just a bit, as you said. when the RPM drops low as 800 try to rev the engine as high as 1500RPM, get into a sync with your car. It might be like faulti sensor, or damaged in the process, casualties of war.

< Message edited by kakarot -- 2/15/2006 12:43:31 PM >
Had nothing to do with spacers, Thank you.

Old 02-19-2006, 12:29 AM

are you sure about the injectors, do you have exact values like 440cc @ 30psi 12V 3-5ohm resistants. The program is writen on 440cc injectors, but theirs injectors are diferent that yours.

You definatly has too reach condition set, do you have any boost builded up?

try disconecting some sensors like O2 and maf. There be no permemant damage, just check engine light. also check other sensors also like throtle position.

try disconecting the whole housing from the throtle body, ohh wait, just the tube that suplies the air.

try checking the idle control system, I dont remember exact is it seperate valve or a servo that opens the throtle.

Do you have any smok coming from the exausts.

EDIT: If you were near me, I would definatly would come and help. Did you try to flore the pedal for breaf time, or did you try holdning it just a bit, as you said. when the RPM drops low as 800 try to rev the engine as high as 1500RPM, get into a sync with your car. It might be like faulti sensor, or damaged in the process, casualties of war.

< Message edited by kakarot -- 2/15/2006 12:43:31 PM >
Had nothing to do with spacers, Thank you.
However I did point in right direction.
I was the closest to come near injectors.

EDIT: and I did not even know that he used new spacers.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:05 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: BaconBait

You may want to double check your fmic connections. Mine came off once after a hard drive.

I'l do that tomorrow. It is too cold I cannot believe it was 55°F last thursday and now 10°F

Old 02-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ya my fmic pipes were blowing off all the time. wanna know temp change it was 85 in fort worth and the next day it was 20 deg ti was crazy here now we are getting an ice storm wow glad i have my quattro

Quick Reply: Pray for Arif..