Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Arif..

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 10:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pray for Arif..

yep, im for sure getting ir prof installed at a shop. they should have everything i need. im sure it will be worht while.

BTW, have you talked to unitronics? before i ordered i emailed sean and he said it was just the VR6 housing and not the sensor. maybe ill ask again.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:05 PM
4th Gear

I could have hooked you up with a baily for cheap.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: aRIf

man... Just back home...

so far I spent about 9 hours today and I had to go to (Ace Hardwave, Grandwiev Hardwar, Napa, and Home Depot to get some extra parts to get it right) Still one small 90° elbov I need to get and I forget which hose go which side on N75. I'll recieve my DV tomorrow and I think I'll able to crack the engine tomorro by noon.

ATP should be more carefull what they send I think. onepoint8tee xpress me very well I think

Well, I'll take a day off tomorrow and try to finish this baby.

As you see this is not a kit or something. You'll need a lot of parts than you ordered. You have to be patient and free next couple of days before to start to install this kit.
Another 9 hours huh? Thats rather insane.. It will all be good though. Sounds like you did a lot of running around! I wish I could take the day off tomorrow and help, but my boss told me on Friday that i deserve a raise, so its probably not a good idea to miss work for a while to prove him right. Anyway, I'll see if I can get out tomorrow night to help you with brakes and fmic/whatever else is left. PM me! Hang in there ! It WILL be worth it!

Old 02-05-2006, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

Man, seriously good luck. I can't wait to see all the pics and hopefully you guys will have some good instructions since apparently ATP forgot. I hope to be following in your footsteps soon.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:29 PM
3rd Gear

It took so long todAY because of the oil return on oil pan and the wasegate hose connection. it took me total about 5 hours.

The worst thing, I need to take the manifold out to put all the nuts put it right. There is no way that I can put other nuts now. I need to lose the manifold nuts to put other 4 nuts at the top.

I really wonder who design this manifold. [:@]

Old 02-05-2006, 10:42 PM
2nd Gear

ill ask my sources, bad things will happen to "him" i can assure you.......

im sure you'll love the big turbo sensation.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:10 AM
1st Gear

Again, BT kits are not as easy to install as people think. Read up on some threads on Audizine etc, about the horrific stories of some people that have installed other companies big turbo kits. This is why we always suggest having a reputable shop install them, and let them deal with the issues... It's what we/they do every day. Aftermarket manufacturers always make it interesting even for shops that have dealt with pretty much everything!

In the end I'm sure it'll all work out, and he'll enjoy his crazy fast A4 without having to spend $5300+ from a different vendor. He saved over $2000 going this route.

Many B5 A4 owners are grateful that this option is out there now. The B6 crowd certainly seems to like it.

Now we're hoping to support the B5 crowd with our package (including the Unitronic B5 program). This was the first one we sold, and we're learning that the combination package needs to have everything in it, so that people will see what's required/suggested right off the bat.

It seems like B5'ers like to piece their kits together, so we should at least help them with a guide of what's needed. Then they will hopefully also notice that buying the kit saves them money (vs. buying the parts separately.. plus paying shipping a bunch of times.. and only having to call one business and not several when they have questions).

Shortly, the two B5 kits we are selling online, will now indicate that the TT225 MAF is required for the Unitronic kits. Thanks for the observations!

Old 02-06-2006, 02:14 AM
4th Gear

^^^ Exactly, coudlt agree more. If you don't have the time or know how, don't try to install a Bt kit yourself. If uni can tune these things like revo can tune for the b6s, the kits will sell like crazy. Untell then, I would stuff suggest Apr hardware/tuning if you want a rock solid setup. I loved mine.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:36 AM
Site Moderator

Thats all very understandable with a new kit. Im sure it will be great when the package is provided with better instructions for people that want the product, yet cant afford to take it to BT experts for instalation.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:26 AM
dan
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

I know how you feel, I installed a bt without ANY instructions, and hard wrong parts aswell. Anyone with a brain can do a bt install, just takes time.
did you ever get a buyer for your APR kit?

Quick Reply: Pray for Arif..