Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Arif..

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 01:43 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Pray for Arif..

I was saying I unpluged a few smaller lines when moving the air box and that stuff not that he might have missed one on the fmic just that even a small vaccume leak can cause wierd **** to happen

Old 02-16-2006, 01:44 AM
1st Gear

[quote]ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

You need small/medium ratchets and bits.. Torx bits.. needle nose pliars.. screw drivers.. hex wrenches.. open ends.. PB blaster, just get a **** load of **** and you should be ok.. If you can get done in 3 days what arif has gotten done in 2 weeks, you are the man. Watch out for the bottom brace of the intercooler, where it goes, the srew that held in teh power steering tubing in front of the condensor was rusted on and we had to break it off and use a couple big zip ties. Its little stupid stuff like that, that takes up all the time. The oil line from the turbo to oil pan is a major PITA... The intercooler piping is kind of hard to match up to the bottom of the turbo. Relocating the DV is a pita. But the very most PITA is lining the turbo up to the manifold and cat/test pipe with the gaskets inbetween and getting the bolts onto the manifold. I swear Helen Keller had something to do with the design of this setup. I know it will all be good though... Good luck with it. Oh yeah dont forget various lengths of garden hoses and a handful of 90 degree elbow's and clamps.
thanks for the info. did you have to bend anything to get the manifold on? thats what im most conerned about. i think i can tackle the job in a weekand. i have all the parts, so it shouldnt be bad. i just gotta go get some extra vacuum hase and some of the 90 degree elbows and ill be good to go. taking the turbo out wont take long. putting it back in is a whole new story. i still have nightmares from doing my KO4, but i would like to think im a little more mechanically inclined now.

what the hell is the garden hose for? do you have to relocate the DV? i thought with the elims you didnt have to......

Old 02-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Site Moderator

[quote]ORIGINAL: 2871relimB5A4

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

You need small/medium ratchets and bits.. Torx bits.. needle nose pliars.. screw drivers.. hex wrenches.. open ends.. PB blaster, just get a **** load of **** and you should be ok.. If you can get done in 3 days what arif has gotten done in 2 weeks, you are the man. Watch out for the bottom brace of the intercooler, where it goes, the srew that held in teh power steering tubing in front of the condensor was rusted on and we had to break it off and use a couple big zip ties. Its little stupid stuff like that, that takes up all the time. The oil line from the turbo to oil pan is a major PITA... The intercooler piping is kind of hard to match up to the bottom of the turbo. Relocating the DV is a pita. But the very most PITA is lining the turbo up to the manifold and cat/test pipe with the gaskets inbetween and getting the bolts onto the manifold. I swear Helen Keller had something to do with the design of this setup. I know it will all be good though... Good luck with it. Oh yeah dont forget various lengths of garden hoses and a handful of 90 degree elbow's and clamps.
thanks for the info. did you have to bend anything to get the manifold on? thats what im most conerned about. i think i can tackle the job in a weekand. i have all the parts, so it shouldnt be bad. i just gotta go get some extra vacuum hase and some of the 90 degree elbows and ill be good to go. taking the turbo out wont take long. putting it back in is a whole new story. i still have nightmares from doing my KO4, but i would like to think im a little more mechanically inclined now.

what the hell is the garden hose for? do you have to relocate the DV? i thought with the elims you didnt have to......
Yeah it needs to be relocated at least with his evo DV..

Old 02-16-2006, 01:49 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

you should check for vaccume leaks is what he is saying, when i put my fmic on i missed a vaccume line i had unpluges and my rpms were going crazy all over the place
There are only two hoses on the fmic.. One going to the intake manifold, and one to the turbo.. Plus he had this same symptom before we put the fmic on. Which reminds me...
Arif, did you plug that hole on the side of the fmic?
Damn Arif you better not say "oops i forgot to plug that hole".

Old 02-16-2006, 01:56 AM
1st Gear

ill check it out this weekand. hopefully i wont have to relocate my baileys. why did you ahve to relocate? not enough room or what?

Old 02-16-2006, 02:01 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: 2871relimB5A4

ill check it out this weekand. hopefully i wont have to relocate my baileys. why did you ahve to relocate? not enough room or what?
No we just felt like making the job 5x harder than it already was.. hahajust kidding.. But yeah there was no room. Arif can better tell you about it though because hes the one who did the relocating.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:18 AM
2nd Gear

you shouldn't have to, i think what i did was got a 90 bend and trimmed it so it fit. There are many ways of doing things with this install that can differ from any of the others when you have to figure something out.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:38 AM
1st Gear

ok. ill just figure it out when the time comes. ill have a bunch of extra stuff just incase i will need it.

Old 02-16-2006, 03:00 AM
3rd Gear

Yes I did plug the hole side of the intercooler. I dont see any leak or anything.

Yes I did relocated the DV because there was no place put it right because of the new intercooler piping. I can get you a pic tomorrow where my dv is. accually it is very very close where it was before just looking the other side.

I think I dont miss any hoses or anything. After I set the fuel to 44 psi, I'll take a ride. I was going to do that today but I was not breave enough to do it because it runs bill gates rich. That spark plug of pic, it was brand new, became black less than a minute idle.

2871relimB5A4: I still owe you a PM i'll deff do that before weekend.

Old 02-16-2006, 03:59 AM
1st Gear

yeah man. whenever you get a chance. just take care of your car first.

Quick Reply: Pray for Arif..