Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Arif..

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Pray for Arif..

I did, I let it run almost 5 mins but nothing change and the sound is make me afraid to run longer. It is like someone had a macrowave and make in pop corn. I think extra fuel is burning in cat or in cat back and make that explosing sound. and the smoke come from exhaust. Smell strong...

Old 02-15-2006, 01:04 PM

dude if it stays runing and doesnt die ya u need to let it idle man. ull see when u go to start ur car now with a bt ull always see a rough idle on start up when its cold or been sitting for a bit. ur not goin to blow ur engine up. mine always jumps to about 2k and then settles after a few mins.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah i agree with golden.. If it stays running, let it run for a while. Take it for a short spin to put some engine load on it and that might burn stuff off quiker or help the ecu start to learn itself.. If it doesnt stall after 5 mins, take it for a lil spin, just to say you did.
And stop over here to take me out to lunch in that badaz b5!

Old 02-15-2006, 01:14 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the infro Mike! Did you see how mu plugs look like? Check out the previous page!

I just talked to Unitronic headquarter and they told me that I need a 3 bar fpr because program is written for it. Since I have 4 bar, it is too much I think.
I'll get a adj. fpr from local shop so I can see what's going on tonight.

I have 3 options to buy;
-AEM Universal Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Aeromotive A1000 Injected Bypass Regulator
-Vortech Fuel Management Units

Any feedback about these adj. fpr ? I'll also get a pressure gauge.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: aRIf

Thanks for the infro Mike! Did you see how mu plugs look like? Check out the previous page!

I just talked to Unitronic headquarter and they told me that I need a 3 bar fpr because program is written for it. Since I have 4 bar, it is too much I think.
I'll get a adj. fpr from local shop so I can see what's going on tonight.

I have 3 options to buy;
-AEM Universal Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Aeromotive A1000 Injected Bypass Regulator
-Vortech Fuel Management Units

Any feedback about these adj. fpr ? I'll also get a pressure gauge.
At this point get whatever is cheapest.. probably the first one.
O and your new signature rocks!! I cant wait for the next one! I dont know if i told you but your fmic in that one pic with the bumper back on looks SWEET.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:25 PM
1st Gear

you might need the 3bar for perfect performance, but i doubt it'll have that bad of an effect on your idle.. it should run fine either way.

wish you were here so we could run the wideband on it and see if it truly needs the 3bar. we'll then obviously be adding that in the package right off the bat for the B5's, and have an adjustable one as a $100 upgrade option. i still find it so odd that mine runs perfectly fine on the stock 4bar. therefore, in the end, we might just make the adjustable one part of the package instead.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:55 PM
1st Gear

Just remember you need the gauge for the adjustable fpr also.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: goldenchild

dude if it stays runing and doesnt die ya u need to let it idle man. ull see when u go to start ur car now with a bt ull always see a rough idle on start up when its cold or been sitting for a bit. ur not goin to blow ur engine up. mine always jumps to about 2k and then settles after a few mins.
u want me to try and drive like that around the block and see what happens ?

Old 02-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: aRIf

ORIGINAL: goldenchild

u want me to try and drive like that around the block and see what happens ?
YES if you get stuck ill come get you. Or just let it idle for 10 mins or so.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:20 PM
3rd Gear

Ok I'll do that when I get home. I'll order the adj. fpr too. I'll need it on my next setup [8D] and I dont wanna run way too rich.

Quick Reply: Pray for Arif..