Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Arif..

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Pray for Arif..

rad...simply rad.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

is that the 2871? cuz if so let me know how it goes.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:55 PM

ya it was with the .63 exhaust. that thing bairly fits under the manifold and heat shielding to the engine mount. seriously no room!

Old 02-05-2006, 06:00 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: 2871relimB5A4

nice. i got the same turbo and ill be getting it installed within the next 2 to 3 weeks. what psi are you going to be running at?
Have fun, make sure they sent you the correct length 3 bolts for the manifold to turbo. Oh and make sure you have the whole day open and maybe then some.
im gonna get it installed by someone. its would be easier for me. im excited to hear how it turns out. i hope it hauls with the unitronics!!

Old 02-05-2006, 06:22 PM
4th Gear

The Apr gt28r sits even farther up then that, bts are lovely installs though right?

Old 02-05-2006, 07:05 PM
1st Gear

i forgot to ask. wht psi are you going to be runnning arif? im not sure what ill be running mine at yet.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:13 PM
1st Gear

big turbo kits are not as easy to do on your own as some people might think.

the wrong bolt thing is strange. i'll be calling atp about that. should be a rare occasion as this kit and the new manifold have been out for quite a while now.

regarding the greddy FMIC... do yourselves a favor and just eliminate the bumper support bar... at least for now .. you can go in later when you have more time and put it in... because you'll literally go nuts cutting more and more and more.... and more.... until there's barely anything left of it. trust me.. we've been there done that! that kit is not a fun one to install in the B5 A4 1.8T bumper.. especially if you have very little time.

good luck again my friend! can't wait to hear initial reactions when it's all buttoned up.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: renn=art.com

big turbo kits are not as easy to do on your own as some people might think.

the wrong bolt thing is strange. i'll be calling atp about that. should be a rare occasion as this kit and the new manifold have been out for quite a while now.

good luck again my friend! can't wait to hear initial reactions when it's all buttoned up.

If ATP wants to sell more of these kits, they should take the extra time to make the instructions better. That way people will have a better experience with their product (at least instalation), and be more apt to refer it to others. I mean, WHAT A HEADACHE! The insructions were USELESS. It is almost impossible to get the top 5 or 6 bolts on the manifold tight without modifying (bending the crap out of) an open end wrench. Arif has to take time out of his day to find a hardware store that has slightly smaller (same diam.) bolts for it. No one assumed this would be an "easy to do" instalation, but when the instructions are better used for a grease towel than a step by step guide, that doesnt help at all. I really hope that when everything is "buttoned up" that it will be worthwhile and he can recomend this product to others. Poor guy, im here sick as hell, he said he should be able to get it to the point where he can start it up, but apparently he needs the vr6 maf sensor which also was not indicated in the instructions, or by the sales rep who took his order that i know of. Im sort of speaking on Arif's behalf cuz like i said, after 10+ hours of work, hes still out there bustin his *** to get it going.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:35 PM
4th Gear

I know how you feel, I installed a bt without ANY instructions, and hard wrong parts aswell. Anyone with a brain can do a bt install, just takes time.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:23 PM
3rd Gear

man... Just back home...

so far I spent about 9 hours today and I had to go to (Ace Hardwave, Grandwiev Hardwar, Napa, and Home Depot to get some extra parts to get it right) Still one small 90° elbov I need to get and I forget which hose go which side on N75. I'll recieve my DV tomorrow and I think I'll able to crack the engine tomorro by noon.

ATP should be more carefull what they send I think. onepoint8tee xpress me very well I think

Well, I'll take a day off tomorrow and try to finish this baby.

As you see this is not a kit or something. You'll need a lot of parts than you ordered. You have to be patient and free next couple of days before to start to install this kit.

Quick Reply: Pray for Arif..