Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pray for Arif..

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 01:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Pray for Arif..

What sean told me on audizine a while ago.

Originally posted by trailboss
Sean, got ?'s.
For the BT software what is the boost set at, what injectors, MAF and fuel pressure.

My guess would be 440's at 4 bar, and the tt225 MAF, and boost at 20 since droors is runnig about that, Im n-dbw so would this differ in any way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

440cc Greentops at 3 bar, VR6/TT225 MAF housing, and MBC/EBC.

When the DBW file is 100% you will be able to run any boost up to 25psi (higher than that you need to built the engine).

On my GTi w/GT2871R .86 I have no problem running 25psi on pump gas, with race gas it puts it in the retarded catagory.

I am also lookingat packaging injectors with the chip if there is interest.

Unitronic USA

Old 02-09-2006, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

i work with sean here locally (comes the shop all the time), and he actually recommends neither one.... the best thing is an adjustable FPR, since every car is a little different... and you can just set it where it needs to be.

according to him, the tuning was meant for a 3bar FPR, but my car has a 4bar and my a/f was rock solid through the whole powerband. so.. go figure.

due to lack of performance companies doing serious tuning (compared to other car makes), what audi people sometimes forget, is that cars are not all exactly the same. they need a little massaging sometimes. there are so many variables that can cause issues.

our package gets you where you want to be in most cases. you might need an adjustable FPR, but that'll be your call, and you can most certainly order it from us at the same time.

we're just trying to help the audi community get to where they want to get .. and on a sensible budget!

Old 02-09-2006, 01:45 AM
3rd Gear

renn-art;

maf and mbc are on their way to my home now ?

Q: should I install the mbc between wasegate and N75 ?

Old 02-09-2006, 01:47 AM
5th Gear

Im pretty sure the MBC goes in place of the n75 if not it would still be regulation the boost not the mbc

Old 02-09-2006, 01:58 AM
3rd Gear

i was told to run the mbc only but leave the n75 plugged into the electrical connection. can anyone confirm that this is correct or not??????

Old 02-09-2006, 02:11 AM
1st Gear

It depends what kind of mbc. Ball and spring or a bleeder? If its a bleeder (which Forge is) then you can put it right in between your wastegate and dv.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:59 AM

yes ur right u remove the n75 and leave it electronically hooked up. mine is a hallman pro and has a spring and ball with a bleeder. there are a valve type and a spring type. from what ive gathered atleast.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:12 PM
1st Gear

There are 2 types of mbc.

Ball and spring - a spring-loaded ball is used to block this delivered boost "signal", until the desired boost level is attained. It is at this point, that the delivered boost pressure is strong enough to push the spring-loaded ball toward the spring and out of it's seat, allowing the signal to pass, and reach the Wastegate Actuator.

Bleeder - a valve simply "bleeds" off some of the boost pressure that it receives. It always allows some boost pressure to reach the Wastegate Actuator, but the boost pressure that the wwastegate actuator receives is always less than the level of boost pressure in the charged portion of the intake system (or the boost level delivered to the bleeder-type valve) because this kind of MBC basically is a controllable boost leak. since the Wastegate Actuator does not receive the "full boost signal", it only opens the Wastegate when the amount of boost that gets past the "leak" is sufficient to force it open. the bleeder-type MBC is adjusted by changing the size of the leak. Closing the leak down lowers boost level, because more of the boost signal then reaches the Wastegate Actuator, opening the Wastegate sooner. Opening the leak wider raises the boost level, as more boost is released to the atmosphere, as opposed to being delivered to the Wastegate Actuator as a boost signal, so the opening of the Wastegate is delayed.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:21 AM
1st Gear

i ordered the turbosmart mbc. i was told to keep the n75 hooked up electronically... i also am having my ECU sent out to Unitronics and it should be there soon. so ill have my 2871r elim set up in my car soon. just waiting on the mbc and ECU. hopefully you get yours running soon Arif.

Renn=art, you said a B5 did a dyno of 290whp on pump gas an 18psi. is there any way you can get us a graph or something?

Old 02-10-2006, 12:25 AM
3rd Gear

2871relimB5A4;

I hope I'll get the parts by saturday morning and put it in. If everthing goes smooth, I am planing to put my breaks and FMIC friday night and put the mbc and maf on saturday morning. I hope you guys will hear my turbo spooling sound everytown in the US this saturday afternoon.

Q: is the calculation is 290*1.15 = Crank HP for a quattro?

Quick Reply: Pray for Arif..