Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Power Steering Fluid

You don't have to drain it, thats the procedure for aerating the fluid so it won't have any air bubbles in the system causing poor performance and noise. Its always a good idea to turn the wheel lock to lock when topping off the fluid, you should see air bubbles inside the resivoir when doing this.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: TheModernAge

lol he had me going with the blinder fluid.. I am a complete nub when it comes to cars.. but I love my car so much I am trying to learn. That's why I love this forum.
I was just joking with you, and trying to get some laughs going as well as thread exposure for you, but people took it out of context already. Sorry about the mixup

Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

It's okay I probably would laugh if I knew more.. haha. Before I started to have an interested in Audi's, I had no idea about cars.

Anyway, I just found the P/S Fluid here: http://catalog.worldpac.com/ibusines...rt=P%2FS+Fluid

And this is my last question (Thank you for your help Auditech): Is that the right stuff? lol

Old 11-12-2007, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: auditech79

Maybe it doesn't make you an *** but it makes your post worthless and un-wanted, its the way you delivered the post, lets say your the only one that replied to that message and the modern age doesn't know any better and he goes to the auto parts store and looks for blinder fluid? How would that make you feel if you didn't know any better?
It was a joke I was going to edit my post saying that but as soon as I came back to the thread I was put on the spot. Sorry ban me if you want I could careless there are moreaudi forums out there anyway.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

in my defense, i didn't actually call you an ***, i said you were being an ***. There is a difference. I also stand by that comment, as your post was not only very unhelpfull but also misleading. Beleive it or not there are many people out there that will beleive you.

Example:when i had my integra a guy asked on a message board how to get something off of his paint. Some smart *** replied with "use300 grit sandpaper to remove it", which is obviously a horrible idea.The guy did that, and ruined his paint. Obviously your joking comment wouldn't ruin anything, but it could cause them embarrassment, make them not come back to the board, and then a member is lost.

Basically, it is immature and a waste of bandwidth to post something like that, and no real good can come from it. It is easy to forget that not everyone browsing these boards is extremely car saavy.

Themodernage: Everthing i have read states that you don't actually need to flush the fluid. It can't be a bad idea though. One thing i did when i flushed mine(mechanic put regular PS fluid in...grr), was i DID NOT start the engine when that article says to. Instead i simply moved the wheel back in forth 100-150 times(no, i'm not joking) with it on jack stands. When i started it the PS worked perfectly and i didn't risk any damage to the pump.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Site Moderator

Pentosin or factory audi fluid is the only one you can use so yes.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

Alright perfect! Thank you, Auditech. I can't believe I didn't notice before. I just assumed the B5 A4's had looser steering or something. I mean, the level was LOW. I'm just glad it didn't damage anything. I can't wait to feel how well it will drive when I apply more.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

Just curious? Are my threads as usless as someone telling someone to use the search function when the original poster doesn't know where or how to use it in the first place?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

i'd say your post is more useless to be perfectly honest. Those posts are simply out of being tired of answering the same question over and over again, and the search button isn't exactly hard to find.....

YOUR post, on the other hand, could have actually caused someone embarrassment or wasted time. Alright, this is my last post on this subject, i think the point has been beaten home enough. If you would like to continue it feel free to message me.

Themodernage: Good luck let us know how it goes.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05a4flip

Just curious? Are my threads as usless as someone telling someone to use the search function when the original poster doesn't know where or how to use it in the first place?
Talking about my sig? My sig is only there for threads like how do i install my DV or i want to install a BOV which is in the sticky on the top of the page, posting it again iswasting bandwidth. Powertrain problems are hardly ever asked and the correct answer isn't always given.
Your posts aren't useless, your a brand new member. Just be carefull of how you deliver information, especially to a member with a newbie statis.

Quick Reply: Power Steering Fluid