Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Power Steering Fluid

I'm taking my A4 in tomorrow to replace the Power Steering Fluid. Has anyone had this done lately? And how much did it cost?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Power Steering Fluid

Don't forget to change your blinker fluid as well. Here is the writeup.

http://www.geocities.com/changeyourb...kerfluid1.html

Old 11-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05a4flip

Don't ever post something like that here again, you very well might confuse somebody.
You don't need to change your power steering fluid, its a mineral based oil which evaporates over time, so just top it off when necessary.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

wow, way to be an ***. Auditech pretty much sumed it up, but also make sure to only use the mineral based fluid from audi when you top it off. If you use regular power steering fluid you will destroy the seals in your steering rack, causing failure and expensive replacement.

What happened to make you decide to flush it?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:06 PM
1st Gear

Why do I have to be a ***! If you couldn't take the joke then say so. But please don't call me a ***.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Site Moderator

Why do I have to be a ***! If you couldn't take the joke they say so. But please don't call me a ***. Everyone wasn't so informative on the 2,7t turbo swap thread.
You can post something like that in off topic as a joke, not trying to help someone. Thats being an ***.
As for the 2.7T swap thread, there a 4 just like it, and no one wants to listen to what we have to say.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

I can understand someone not liking the joke but name calling isn't anymore helpful. Just because I didn't help him makes a person a ***? Please tell me what dictionary this comes from?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
1st Gear

Thanks to the people who are actually being kind enough to help lol. I just checked my fluid level today and it is extremely below minimum. I read an article saying that you have to drain the fluid currently in there.. and then refill with new fluid of the same type. Here, I'll paste a peice of the instructions in here:

[ol][*]The Audi power steering fluid reservoir is located on the drivers side inner fender well in the engine compartment right behind the head lamp. [*]Locate the oil cooler tubing in front of the radiator for Audi power steering fluid. Find the rubber hose that attaches to the tubing located near the drivers side lower corner of the radiator. Disconnect the hose and drain the Audi power steering fluid. [*]Flush the old Audi power steering fluid out of the Audi steering rack and pinion. Turn the steering wheel full lock side to side about 10 times. This sequence pushes the Audi power steering fluid out of the steering rack and into the fluid reservoir in order for it to drain out. [*]Some models have a sleeve type filter screen inserted in the fill hole of the Audi power steering fluid reservoir. If it has the filter, remove it and clean it. Clean out the sediment that also exists on the bottom of the Audi power steering fluid reservoir. [*]Reinstall the Audi power steering fluid hose removed in step (2) and fill the reservoir with G002000 Audi power steering fluid. [*]Start the engine and let the car run for 10 seconds at a idle. Important! Do not rev the engine up. Revving the engine could cause power steering pump damage. [*]Refill the Audi power steering fluid reservoir again with G002000 hydraulic steering fluid. [*]Start the engine and let the car run at a idle turn the steering wheel full lock about 10 times from side to side. [*]Turn the engine off and top off the Audi power steering fluid in the reservoir. [/ol]
So, do I have to drain it or can I just order the stuff and then top off?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Site Moderator

Maybe it doesn't make you an *** but it makes your post worthless and un-wanted, its the way you delivered the post, lets say your the only one that replied to that message and the modern age doesn't know any better and he goes to the auto parts store and looks for blinder fluid? How would that make you feel if you didn't know any better?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

lol he had me going with the blinder fluid.. I am a complete nub when it comes to cars.. but I love my car so much I am trying to learn. That's why I love this forum.

Quick Reply: Power Steering Fluid