Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possible tranny issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 01:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: possible tranny issue

I had an issue similar to this with my car, basically I had harsh shifting at high RPMS that I didnt experience till mods with my 99.5 TIP. I got a vag and look up what options I could do to my Tranny and I only had one option with my year which was disable DSP. DSP takes note of your driving and adjusts the shifting based on it. Disabling this resolved all my shifting problems. I can only assume that the added HP has thrown off the algorithm it uses to calculate shifts.

Depending on the year and model of your car, the numbers to put in will change when using that vagcom to disable DSP. Audiworld.com had a fair amount of information on this if you search. Remember to mark down your old number first incase you need to go back.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

I have a 98.5. Do I fall into the catagory that you are talking about?

Old 05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

Possibly but its better to be sure. Here is what I did:

[Select]
[02 - Auto Trans]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

My original code was 00000, the new code I entered to disable DSP was 00010. Any other code I tried did not take and reset after I applied it. I originally was trying to enable a sport mode which I come to find out my tranny doesn’t have but found this gem instead.

Also remember changing values like this is not very safe and you can hurt your car if done improperly. If you don’t feel comfortable doing it I suggest you don’t.

Here is the Ross Tech page which lists some other things you can do to some of the B5 models with the vagcom, but this one above was not listed. Ross Tech generally only lists the safe ones. http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html

Old 05-10-2007, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

Well, I don't have a vagcom and in re-reading your post, I am not sure that I am having a "shifting problem" I could be wrong though. Remember, what happens, is in WOT, the car starts to pull back and then go forward, until I let off the throttle, and then it is fine again....but once I get back on it....then it goes back to jerky. When it jerks like that, I loose all acceleration too. The shifting seems fine.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

Problem seems resolved. I ran a seafoam treatment in the intake, did an oil change, replaced the spark plugs and coolant flange today. I just got home from a test drive and took the car up to 105 and how no shakes (shutters). I was holding 17-18 boost the whole time in 5th. No vacuum leek, no tranny problems. Thanks for all your help guys.