Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

poor college student...help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:16 PM
1st Gear
Default poor college student...help

im done with this...i always wanted to own an audi and saved some extra bucks over the years. now that i had it i dont know if i can afford all the maintenance, gas, partsetc...but still not quiting im planning to firstly have a big brake kit setup on my baby. both of us will fight on this one and she will look preety as a darling. i just heard that i can get an a6 rotors, porshe calipers on my a4b6 fwd 1.8. what other neccessary things i need to get, and wat model of a6 rotors? wat model of porshe calipers? i only have a 16inch stock wheels. wat size is the a6 rotors? please help me on this one as i have been researching my *** on this. cant afford to get any big brake kits. and soon to need to replace my brakes

Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: poor college student...help

so wat i need to know was whats the maximum size of rotor i can put on a 16inch wheels as i plan to go with 18 if saved some extra bang.

wat model of the A6 ROTORS can fit in my a4b6 1.8t fwd?
wat model of the porsche calipers?
wat other parts i should look into?
wat will be the damage for this set-up?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
3rd Gear

Well i guess not from A6 but from A8 with TT calipers. I dunno if they will clear 16' wheels. You can go with S4 brake kit, you may look at b5 s4 they fit B6 A4's. You can try to make your own brakes set up from different parts or you can go with BBK from companies like Brembo, Alcon, Stoptech and etc... Good Luck!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 12:51 AM
2nd Gear

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...tegory=Braking

And scroll down.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

if your pressed for cash maybe you should hold off on the kit?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:38 AM
3rd Gear

Maybe you should learn how to spell Porsche

Old 11-27-2007, 02:11 AM
1st Gear

Lol^^^^

Bigger rotors = increased sprung weight and rotating inertia =worse handling car with sloppy suspension reaction and SLOWER stopping ability. The increased friction surface doesn't offset the decreases in performance all the way around. best you can do is put on stainless steel lines (biggest increase and cheapest cost) then crossdrilled SAME SIZE rotors with more powerful calipers.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:23 AM
1st Gear

no moolah...just eying some stuff to set my goals on what parts to get next. thats why im not yet finish in school coz i dun know how to spell porsche, man ur like my girlfriend always correcting me! unfortunately i had my brake pads change, ang brought an ebc green stuff which is very annoying with all the sounds its makeing when im brakin. just found out the original is still better. more powerful calipers? lfor instance? so wats the use of the boys changing to big brake kits?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
1st Gear

i cant imagine you need any type of brakes other than stock, the reason why people need to upgrade to bigger brakes is in racing applications where you are constantly trying to go from 130-140 back down to into a turn at50 or 60 as fast as possible, and doing it over and over again. bigger rotor = more heat dissapation = less brake fade, the extra surface area of the biggerbrakes helps too

now alot of people today are doing it just for show, they dont really need the big brakes they just want to make their car look cool, similar to putting spoilers and other racing inspired stuff on cars, you dont need to use it for what it was intended for, but it makes your car look fast and thats all that matters to some people

so if all your going for is to look cool, get some drilled/slotted rotors, the chicks love that

Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ok your in college you cant afford your car and you want to do a big brake setup? somebody has been playing too much NFS...

Quick Reply: poor college student...help