Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please need help with chip options!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 09:11 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Please need help with chip options!!!!!!

alright im catchin your drift. two questions though: 1. Where can i buy this Ross-Tech vag cable/vagcom program everyone talks about?...besides a stealership.... 2. Where can a buy this lemmingwinks/unitronics tuning software? And is it a certain sw or is it custom to what you want? Im askin cause you stated to get the stock GIAC software earlier in the post (i would rather get the more recommended software). So with this setup plus the ebc (avcr) I have it would be better off then getting a....say hammer file from GIAC? Sorry for all the questions but you are bein very helpful, thanks

[/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm make believe

1) ross-tech
2) they are free downloads (you can find them in the 1.8t section on vwvortex) and can be used with any chip, even on a stock car.

you would get about the same results (more or less) without having to pay for another chip/upgrade.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:21 PM
2nd Gear

so to sum it up for example, how apr has software for their chips where you can tune it to your specifications............is like me using this ross-tech/vagcom software to flash my own ecu (w/ no chip on it) and have the same effect.....or even better then lets say achip

[/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm make believe

ross-tech just lets you to connect to the car, read errors and change some car options. Lemmi/uni tuning sw will let you increase/decrease fuel under load, decleration, and at idle, increase/decrease timing and a few other options. it is not a "chip" or "tune", it is an aid to make your tune better for your application since generic sw, even with same hardware, are not perfect.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:40 PM
2nd Gear

is there a certain place to purchase this lemmi/uni software. Every search I do for it seems to not be working out, or im lookin for the wrong thing

[/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Site Moderator

I wish there was an in depth "users manual" to go with the lemi/revo tech/uni tuningprograms. They all do the same thing, but none give helpful in depth explanations about what each setting does.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm make believe
Old 06-29-2007, 09:58 PM
2nd Gear

sweetness!

[/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

people are to scared, dont know why. everyone thinks they are going to blow stuff up. come on, i have ran over 20psi and i dont even have a chip.
Not that I am scared or anything but why cheap out on a chip.You will pay less for a chip than vagcon and a laptop. The R&D that apr and giac do I am sure is smoother than grabbin a vagcom and a mbc...There is more to it than just tuning fuel pressure

Old 06-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Site Moderator

That helps, thanks.

Quick Reply: Please need help with chip options!!!!!!