Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please need help with chip options!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Please need help with chip options!!!!!!

well i dont see the point of anyone buying a ko4 with a 2001+ vw/audi. The 2000 and older cars need a chip, i dont see you even needing one.

gt-er on vortex made far more power with his ko3 chip on bigger turbos than most were making on "specific" sw. All you need to do is offset the larger injectors with a larger maf, not a really tough concept.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:27 PM
18T
4th Gear

A4rollin,

pc16 isnt even for your year.

get the hammer file from giac.

ko4 has massive power and torque so you will be happy.

and use the search function. chip questions get asked 1230341203 times a week.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
2nd Gear

[/align]
[blockquote]opps good catch.....meant to say hammer file .......freakin idiot! And ive done the searchs and it tough to find a hammer file when it is discontinued (supposively)

[/align] [/blockquote]

Old 06-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

to be honest, i hope you read the email i have posted here a few times. To sum up, a 170hp 01+ ko3 is just about the same size as a k04-015. borg warner only claims 5-10hp gain over the ko3 (i would say more like 15-20).

380cc injectors are overkill imho, i would stick with stock ko3 sw and just get a adj fpr to compensate for fuel. You can use lemmingwinks to give a/f (wideband car) and then increase fuel pressure as needed.
+1, you can get as much or even more power by using the method cincy TT mentioned.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm make believe

people are to scared, dont know why. everyone thinks they are going to blow stuff up. come on, i have ran over 20psi and i dont even have a chip.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Site Moderator

I know thats how i have always tuned cars, i do it manually, i managed to get 543whp on an stock 87 supra turbo before the head gasket blew but i was pushing it.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:58 PM
2nd Gear

i dont think its poeple are scared, more that they dont want to believe it. Myself, has never been a mechanic so if i went with this process (stock giac chip, adjustable fpr, larger maf) I wouldnt exactly know what to tune it at, or should i say whats too much or to little. When you start talkin about adjusting the fuel........im lost

[/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm make believe

get yourself a real Ross-Tech vag cable or find a friend that has a vagcom and you can read a/f and you can adjust fuel pressure with the adj fpr and with lemmingwinks/unitronics tuning sw. Not as hard as you think. Plus you will be fine from the get go and other will help if you post logs. Also stock maf will be fine also.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

get yourself a real Ross-Tech vag cable or find a friend that has a vagcom and you can read a/f and you can adjust fuel pressure with the adj fpr and with lemmingwinks/unitronics tuning sw. Not as hard as you think. Plus you will be fine from the get go and other will help if you post logs. Also stock maf will be fine also.
exactly! Its a good thing to learn anyway. Think of it this way if you learn how to tune it yourself you'll start to understand how all the programs and chips work and you won't be intimidated anymore.
Its the same thing as a DIY repair vs. the dealer except your tuning not repairing.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: auditech79

exactly! Its a good thing to learn anyway. Think of it this way if you learn how to tune it yourself you'll start to understand how all the programs and chips work and you won't be intimidated anymore.
Its the same thing as a DIY repair vs. the dealer except your tuning not repairing.
the best part is if you set the boost at say 16-18psi, you will easily be in a safe zone and as you understand what you are doing, you can up the boost as you add fuel.

Quick Reply: Please need help with chip options!!!!!!