Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please need help with chip options!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 07:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default Please need help with chip options!!!!!!

[/align]
[blockquote]Alright guys im not having ANY luck with posts about different softwares/chips to use so im posting my setup. I need help on what you guys would recommend I should get for software with the turbo kit i put together. I know some of you will say get a bigger turbo but i have all this crap sitting in my house and cant stand looking at it sit there anymore. I recently(today) found out some places still carry thehammer file from GIAC even tho it is discontiued. APR is out of the question, and have had no good suggestions regarding REVO or Unitronic chips. So PLEASE!!! enlighten me on some advise on what to get or even anyone with a similar setup and how they like the software they are running. Thanks for all and any help!!!!

My car: 2001 A4 1.8tqm
ecu #...4B0 906 018 CH (if needed)

all the goods i have:

K04-015 turbo
custom FMIC
Full 2.5 borla exhaust w/ downpipe and hfc
rs4 motor mounts
greddy TT
Apexi avcr boost controller
380cc injectors(i think)...depends on software I get
5 bar fpr
fordge DV

south bend clutch
amco aluminum lightweight flywheel
evoms intake
custom heat shield
and some other little stuff....

[/align] [/blockquote]

Old 06-29-2007, 07:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Please need help with chip options!!!!!!

why is APR out of the question

Old 06-29-2007, 07:24 PM
2nd Gear

from what i know of, there is no software from APR that would be used with a K04 on a b5

[/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

sorry that I can't help you...but wow. You're gonna havea new car pretty much. Congrats!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm make believe

to be honest, i hope you read the email i have posted here a few times. To sum up, a 170hp 01+ ko3 is just about the same size as a k04-015. borg warner only claims 5-10hp gain over the ko3 (i would say more like 15-20).

380cc injectors are overkill imho, i would stick with stock ko3 sw and just get a adj fpr to compensate for fuel. You can use lemmingwinks to give a/f (wideband car) and then increase fuel pressure as needed.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:46 PM
2nd Gear

i have 380cc incectors in a box, got a good deal on them......but that doesnt mean im planning on useing them. It all depends on what software i get and what is the recommended size that would work well with it. You are right cincy but the k04 can hold more boost....correct me if im wrong. Im not stickin with the k03 since i do have the k04. If i have to, i will end up buyin a bigger turbo that will fit into the other parts I have in my little custom kit i put together. Needless to say, anyone that would recommend a different turbo size or brand with the setup I have go ahead and spit it out....I open for suggestions. But back to the point Im still clueless with what software to go with

[/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm make believe

it will hold boost longer and with the ebc it will hold boost very well. But like i said, i would keep the stock chip. There is a person in vortex that has used giac's x+ chip with a 28rs, 2871r, t3t4 57trim, t3 60trim and with the 57trim made almost 400whp on pump. So it is possible to use with other turbos, and since these turbos are 95% the same, this should work out best.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:59 PM
2nd Gear

do you know of any links that would point me to this GIAC X+ chip? Ive never heard of this one

[/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm make believe

its a stock giac chip for a transverse 1.8t vw gti/jetta

Old 06-29-2007, 08:14 PM
2nd Gear

that makes no sense, why would you want to use a stock chip when there isa file FOR the K04. I cant see someone running BT's with a stock GIAC chip

[/align]

Quick Reply: Please need help with chip options!!!!!!