Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pissed oFF

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 12:29 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pissed oFF

i see big spots, towards the front of my engine, im pretty sure its my transmission, cuz ive been messing with it, but only one day of abuse and this happens, wow... thats pretty weak

Old 07-08-2005, 12:50 AM
1st Gear

well if ur under warranty you dont have a thing to worry about besides they have the Lemon Law and here in MA u usually get 30-90 days warranty take it back to where you bought it and demand they fix the problem.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:56 AM
2nd Gear

I highly doubt it happened cos of you slapping it around. Normally before you pick a car up they give it a quick oil n' grease. My guess is they have forgot to tighten something & if it as the front of the motor how could it be your tranny? Anyway it couyld even be something stupid like spillage which is just dropping off. . . . I am at a loss as to why you are so concerned. Take it back to dealer to fix it but if you really wanna get to them, go to a mechanic and ask him to tell whats wrong, then go to the dealer like you know what your talking about.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:29 AM
1st Gear

If the leak is towards the front of the engine, it sounds like the drain plug more than the transmission. And 35 minutes for a drive isn't too bad for the closest dealership. I have to drive 40 and I don't mind the drive at all. Just talk to Audi if you're under warranty. If you're not, make sure you talk to the dealership that you bought it from and tell them whats happening. Maybe they will fix it for free. Even though it most likely didn't do anything wrong to your car, don't mention that you were driving it aggressively to any of the service people.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:29 AM
4th Gear

An Audi, for a Honda.......how thats a HUGE downgrade. Take it back and get the car fixed. The person u bought it from should fix it for free

Old 07-08-2005, 03:02 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah bro, I bought mine (a 2001) from a dealership back in March..their "rigorous 380 point inspection" is a load of crap. However, in the 3 times I've been back to fix problems that should've been fixed, they've hooked me right up and were pretty nice about it too.

Last time, I got a new speaker installed, my spare tire fixed and my motion detector switch remounted, and I walked out with an invoice for $00.00. I nearly had the sucker framed :-)

Old 07-08-2005, 04:53 AM
1st Gear

if it is still under warrenty and you trade it for a honda.....

you should get your head checked out

Vtech baby

Old 07-08-2005, 04:58 AM
18T
4th Gear

Hey bro, its just an oil leak! no biggie!!

atleast you dont have to change the timing belt/brakes/control arms/new tires at the moment, unlike me!

Old 07-08-2005, 05:07 AM
1st Gear

Wow I would hate to see if you had any bigger problems if your complaining about a oil leak. Look at my sig and you'll see two big items that I'll have to rip apart.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:55 PM
1st Gear

sounds like problem i had a while ago. If its in the front and I mean the wayyyy front its the seals on the engine. If its in the middle of tranny and engine its the seals right in the middle of that (pain in the *** to fix)... if its not those 2... check under the car at the oil filter and c if there is oil on that.. if there is replace it. (15 bucks for new filter).

Quick Reply: Pissed oFF