Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 09:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Performance questions

Hey guys i'm new to this as of today... I bought a 2001 a4 quattro v6 today from a friend of mine... In looking online for performance parts I wasn't having much luck... What's a good site to get me started for intake, headers, exhaust and things of that nature....

Thanks, Ryan
Semper Fi

Old 01-01-2007, 09:48 PM
4th Gear
Old 01-01-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Old 01-01-2007, 10:35 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Performance questions

just save up money for a supercharger

Old 01-01-2007, 10:53 PM
3rd Gear

giac chip

intake

2.5" cat backexhaust

hi flo cats

custom fab'd headers

underdrive pulleys

custom port and polish throttle body

thats about all, and all the stuff on the list is not easy to come by and most of it wont net you any more than 2-5 hp, the giac chip should get you about 10hp at the wheels, but honestly the 2.8 is not the mod friendly audi. but fortunately were 1.5 seconds faster in the quarter mile when comparing stock vehicles, so our quickness comes from the factory, the 1.8's quickness comes from mods...

your best bet for real HP gains is either a 75 shot of nitrous or a $5000 supercharger.... im debating whether or not to go nitrous or supercharger right now, cuz its hard to justify $500 for nitrous compared to $5000 for a supercharger, and the power is pretty much identical, the supercharger is probably a little easier on your motor.

just drop it on some sick rims and make it a "baller" car, lol.... throw in some navi/dvd and put a rediculous sound system in it, get an intake to have a nice rumble and debadge it, get a nice grille, get some limo tint, some nice polished exhaust tips, and your rollin out in style with a peppy car that will pretty much destroy anything in the twisties.

the true fun with these cars comes in the twisties, not so much the 1/4 mile

Old 01-01-2007, 11:46 PM
1st Gear

Thanksa lot for the info ateur... I guess the only question I have left is where is the best place to get these mods... I've been having no luck searching them on google... Almost every part is for the 1.8 rather the 2.8... Thanks, Ryan

Old 01-02-2007, 01:10 AM
1st Gear

Personally I have had nothing but good experiences with www.ecstuning.comI order from them pretty frequently (maintenance items and some aftermarket)... No late shipments, no missing parts... Spent almost a half hour on the phone with a guy that works there talking about the best oil for the v6 30v and how to properly maintain the car... I forget his name but if you ask for the guy that knows alot about engine oil they will put you right through to him, he actually owns a vehicle with the v6 30v so you might want to pick his brain a bit for yourself... He wont try to up sell you or anything, hes a real honest guy...

SMo'

Old 01-02-2007, 02:10 AM
1st Gear

Thanks I appreciate that but where can I get these products that he spoke of...

giac chip

intake

2.5" cat backexhaust

hi flo cats

custom fab'd headers

underdrive pulleys

custom port and polish throttle body

I seem to be having a tough time finding parts for the v6 a4

Old 01-02-2007, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

The links provided earlier have info on where to get things like the exhaust, giac, intake, high flow cats you can pick up anywhere (Random Technology makes a goodhigh flow CAT)just make sure the diameter of the tube is correct, the ecstuning site I linked you with has the pullys, suspension, etc, custom headers you will need to talk to a welding/exhaust shop that will do custom work, the port and polished throttle body I dont know about...

SMo'

Old 01-02-2007, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

But to tell you the truth spending thousands of dollars on a chip, pullys, intake, exhaust, high flow cat wont make your car a whole lot faster... Exhaust and the supercharger will but that is a lot of money as well... I would say do the suspension (properly), slap on some nice light weight rims, some thick sway bars, and enjoy taking corners... But as far as making it a really fast straight line car, that is going to cost a lot of money and you wont be extremely fast...

I say this after dumpingabout 20K into my last two vehicles (not including purchase price) to make them faster... If you had the 1.8t I would say slap on a larger turbo, get some hard pipes, intercooler and exhaust, but thats not the case...

SMo'

Quick Reply: Performance questions