Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

passenger side fender accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 07:06 AM
1st Gear
Default passenger side fender accident

Alright, so I got involved with a hit and run recently (me being hit). I own a 1998.5 Audi A4 1.8T Tip Sport. Long story short, I don't want to increase my insurance payments so I am trying to do the repairs myself or at a shop. So I am going to order a pre-painted fender since my fender is pretty much beyond repair. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with pre painted body parts. The color of my car is Pearl White, I've heard that there might be differences because of the pearl coat? If I have my paint code shouldnt they be able to match? Also is installing a fender DIY? If not, what is a good estimate for installing a fender?

Oh yea, How can i tell if I have a bent axle? After the accident my car had its alignment off alot to the right and the car doesnt seem as smooth on the road. I can feel slight vibrations through the peddle, increasing as I increase speed. It also makes a slight hum noise. How much can I expect for a realignment and to repair/replace the axle.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Default RE: passenger side fender accident

I'm not sure about the rest, but replacing the axle is pretty easy. Raxles.com sells an axle with a non-remanufactured cv joint for ~$200 shipped. They also send a pre-paid box to return the core. This does require a special tool, but raxles will loan it to you for free if you don't have one (just return it with core). This is slightly more expensive than other places, but for the excellent service and quality of the product, it is well worth it.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: passenger side fender accident

I wouldn't think an axle first off, try having it aligned first, possibly could of bent a control arm, which would be cheaper to replace than the axle.