Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

part number request or confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 08:37 PM
1st Gear
Default part number request or confirmation

Well I am new to posting on all audi forums since im a VW/Audi owner.

I am having a HUGE airplane sound coming from the car (which i can turn off with the A/C, so i narrowed it down to my auxilliary radiator fan (electrical))

i drive a b5 1998 audi A4 2.8

and need to figure out the part number for ordering or if someone can tell me if this is the ABSOLUTE correct fan, since recently i trusted a dealer and believe it or not they sent me some fuses for a battery terminal block and it melted onto a brand new optima battery.

my only concern is ensuring i get the perfect one and not a fan rated for the wrong amperage,rpm,hp.

here is a picture i got from getcoolparts.com

here is a link to that site and one to ebay let me know if you guys think i should just go ahead and pick up the one on ebay or not.

Ebay - Audi Fan

cool parts fan site

Old 02-13-2006, 10:47 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: part number request or confirmation

anyone?

Old 02-13-2006, 11:08 AM
6th Gear

Sorry, I don't have my ETKA parts catalogue handy today. I always find it useful to call Audi and ask them for the part number. Most parts departments don't really care if you ask. If you get the number then plug it into worldimpex.com to see how close the price is to the ebay one.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

sad thing is is ga audi dealers would only give me price hahaha i got a little pissed with jim ellis

Old 02-13-2006, 11:42 PM

why get pissed I work for a Audi dealership and really depends on what kind of mood I am in if I want to give you the part # or not why do you need to know the part # so you can go buy it somewhere else

I remember when we used to be 1 building VW and Audi togeather when I did VW's also and in the summer time I would get calls from guys and you could tell that they were at a scrap yard and needed to know if this part would fit on there car most of the time I would just say no it doesn't fit your car so they could come and buy the part off of me

Old 02-13-2006, 11:45 PM

but since I am a nice guy I will get you your part number tommorow as I am not at work right now but just remember they don't have to give you the part #

Old 02-14-2006, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

yeah i understand i run a turbo parts business when not working. i totally understand but... i was just asking since i live 250 miles away from a vw dealer and seeing if i could buy it closer and i explained that and they well where the hell is that at?

ill just have to find it on my revo laptop may have etka on there but... doubt it since i never use the vagcom anymore.

which audi dealer do you work for, reason i ask is to get you business since i refuse to give ga dealers business now guess being an aircooled vw guy and watercooled i dealt with different folks then audi dealers here (not saying they are bad or anything)

Old 02-14-2006, 01:28 PM

I need to know if your car is quattro

BTW my dealership is in Canada

Old 03-06-2006, 11:21 AM
2nd Gear

Did anyone ever find out this part number? My electric fan is squealing pretty bad and I want to get a new one.
01 A4 1.8T QM