Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paintscratch.com, Why Do You Hurt Me So? (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:20 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Paintscratch.com, Why Do You Hurt Me So?

I see, I see. That reallysucks, but I'm sure you'll get it straightened out.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:06 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Paintscratch.com, Why Do You Hurt Me So? (pics)

ORIGINAL: sineo

Maybe you'll remember that I painted my lowers with Duplicolor's Radiant Silver and it was too light. So, I ordered the exact paint from paintscratch.com and it's very blue. And consequently, so am I.

I think the paint color that they actually sent me is called, "You've Got to Be F*cking Kidding Me Blue."

Does anyone on here have a fart can exhaust and a mean body kit (preferably in a third color) that I can borrow until I fix the paint?

You were trying to paint your lowers with a rattle can? Come on dude this aint no Geo Metro!!!!!! Your doing it WRONG!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:46 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: six14life

You were trying to paint your lowers with a rattle can? Come on dude this aint no Geo Metro!!!!!! Your doing it WRONG!!!!!!
Nope, I was doing it right. The paint color was wrong.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure, but I would bet you won't spend any more than you did with paintscratch.com.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:17 PM
3rd Gear

I just called Audi and they'll sell me a 4oz can for a mere $27! Paintscratch.com had better come through.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Yeah, if you had *********, Audi would want one of 'em for pretty much anything you buy from them. Look through the yellow pages and see what kind of paint supply places are around. We have a place here in town called Colours that will make anything you want, and they're the ones that scan a body panel and develop the chemical match. I want to say a friend paid around $15/can for paint that was color-matched to his car. The nice thing about doing it that way is that any sunfade in your paint is accounted for. If you just buy the paint using the paint code from Audi, you'll be applying brand-new paint on panels right next to those that have been exposed to sunlight for the last 8 years, and there will be a visible difference. By having it scanned, any sunfade is accounted for, so when you spray the paint on, it will match the appearance of your paint exactly.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:24 PM
3rd Gear

Good call...I'm going to see if I can get my money back from those other punks and if I can, I'm going to go to Sherwin Williams .

Old 11-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Yep, long as the place you go handles automotive paint, you'll be set.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sineo

Nope, I was doing it right. The paint color was wrong.
Damn dude, send me your valence and I will strip it and base coat and clear it, like it should be done.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:16 PM
3rd Gear

Damn dude, send me your valence and I will strip it and base coat and clear it, like it should be done.
Okay, Dude, it was not a lack of skill that produced blue paint, it was the blue paint!

Quick Reply: Paintscratch.com, Why Do You Hurt Me So? (pics)