Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG got back from the dealer... THEY TRIED TO RAPE ME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:03 PM
2nd Gear
Default OMG got back from the dealer... THEY TRIED TO RAPE ME!!!

So I went to get a coolant temp sensor and I have read everywhere that the sensor with the clip and o ring will be like 7 bucks. I get there and they tell me the frickin thing is 28 bucks!!!!! I was like are you KIDDING ME??!!! He said that they used to be that cheap but the price went up liek 3 months ago. I was like whetever I am not paying that much for it. So I asked for some vac tubing. They had the braided OEM kind I was ok what does this cost.... I am sorry I asked.... 6 BUCKS A FOOT!!! Oh my lord, I was like screw this!!!

So I drive down the street to Carquest and asked them if they possibly would have a collant temp sensor for my car. He didn't think so, but when he looked they had ONE left YAY. Price?? 5 dollars.... Hmmm.... Yeah....

They didnt have the clips or the o rings so I had to swallow my pride and go back to the dealer to get those. He was like whats up, I said I would pick up the clips and the o rings.... yeah I drove down the street and paid 5 bucks for that 28 dollar sensor.... he was liek Oh really...

Those guys are frickin idiots and I do not see myself going there for anything else, trying to bend me over liek that is just rediculous.... I still paid over 5 bucks for 2 orings and 2 clips... W/E....

Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Default RE: OMG got back from the dealer... THEY TRIED TO RAPE ME!!!

The dealerships must be in the "rape me" business.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Site Moderator

Geez. What a load of crap. I paid $6 for the sensor and 0 ring and clip last summer. I paid $12 for about6 feet of vac line from an independantaudi/vw tuner shop.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear

thats rediculous...like they dont rape audi ownes enough on labor

Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 PM
4th Gear

should have driven your car into the show room, and claimed it was from the faulty coolant sensor

Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 PM
4th Gear

I hate dealers.

Repeat ^

Old 04-03-2007, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

dude, they told my friend he needed a new rim for the car becuase the brakes werebad...wtf? i seriously think they think were an total idiot and dont know anything about cars

Old 04-03-2007, 10:45 PM
1st Gear

Last time I was passing by the dealer and I decide to go buy the hazar switch to fix my blinker problem.

While I was there I asked them if they could check out if I had any CODE in my computer.

The guy told me that would probably be around 45mins to 1 hours...

Just to read out some stupid codes with a vag-com, I couldnt believe it.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 PM

It's not just the dealerships that are in the "rape me" business. Apparently, Pep Boys is too. Check this out...

A couple of weeks ago, my girlfriend's sis took her Montero in to Pep Boys for a tuneup. I guess this tuneup also included a new air filter. So, last week, she goes back to Pep Boys for an oil change. They do the oil change, and tell her that she needs a new air filter and a new gasket cause her oil pan is dripping. She confronts them about the air filter, telling them that they just had the car in the week before for a tuneup. The service manager is kind of shocked that an air filter can get so dirty in one week that they would have to replace it, so he goes out to the floor to talk to the service tech who wrote up the order. Apparently the service tech was concerned about a few specks of dirt that were trapped in the filter!!! LOL!!! So, the service manager apologizes to her, but insists she leave the car with them so they can install a new gasket. Still upset about the air filter incident, she decides take the car home & have me check the gasket & oil pan to see if it's leaking. Pep Boys tells her that it would be unsafe to drive her Montero in its present condition, leaking oil & all. She leaves anyways.

I get home from work, crawl under the car & have a look at the oil pan & gasket, and I'm looking, and looking, and can't see anything wrong with it. I tell her that Pep Boys was just trying to BS her into spending $100s for no reason. On the safe side, she took the car to a mechanic whom we all trust (second opinion). He took one look under the car, and totally agreed with me. Nothing wrong! Best of all, he didn't even charge her to look at the oil pan.

If this isn't rape, I don't know what is!

Old 04-04-2007, 10:42 AM
4th Gear

I hate pep boys to.

Quick Reply: OMG got back from the dealer... THEY TRIED TO RAPE ME!!!