Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMFG I need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:27 AM
1st Gear
Default OMFG I need some help!

My damn locks wont work and my gas cap is locked, therefore I cant Fill my gas tank and I BARELY made it home. Is there an emergency release on the gas cap lock??? I see a walkthrough on the vacum pump on Audi DIY for the 2.8 but not for the 1.8T as I assume the vacum pump is F'd....

Dunno what to do, I have no gas and have to leave for work at 5:45am tomorrow....

Thanks guys...

Old 03-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Default RE: OMFG I need some help!

I think it's in the trunk somewhere - near where the gas cap is. (at least for the B6).

Old 03-30-2007, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

Crap, cuz I cant get into the trunk because it wont unlock lol.... Im gonna run out and try to get in somehow...

Thanks for the sugestion.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:56 AM

you can get into your trunk through the back seat, just fold it down. there's a procedure for opening the fuel door maually in your owner's manual, do you have it?

Old 03-30-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear

You know there wasnt any emergency release, but I was able to rip the carpeting out and reach in by the gas cap and just move the metal rod that locks it by hand. Yay now I cant lock my car.

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Default rear diffuser 2000 S4

I got my first URquattro (#187) out of Colorado Springs. Top speed 148. I now have a 2000 S4 going 160 and want to clean up the underside with a rear diffuser that will work to smooth out the bumper/trunk eddies.

Subaru Turbo WRX STI has one. Have you seen anything comparable for my car?

Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 AM
1st Gear

You can unlock/open your trunk with the key.

Once you're in the trunk, look for a hole (possibly covered by the liner) on the inside of the trunk next to the opening and next to the taillights (where the screws are to remove the taillight). On the B6 at least, there's an emergency release in there. I don't know if the B5 has that.

As a last resort, you should be able to pry the gas cover open. The lock isn't that strong.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:10 AM
1st Gear

Well after all that I stalled on the way to the gas station, It started running like **** and i made it JUST in time. God was watching out for me on that one.

Thanks for the help guys. and just for a future tip if anyone else has the problem on a B5...

The way I did it was simple, rip out the carpeting on the right side by the gas cap. You will see where you can reach in by the gas cap, there will be vacum hoses. Feel around for the horizontal gas lock pin and just slide it twards the back of the car. Presto.

Thanks agaion for the help all.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:13 AM

You can also unhook the vacuum lines from the pump actuator in the trunk and blow or suck on them to lock and unlock the doors. Audis are wierd.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:19 AM
1st Gear

God I am starting to loose faith in this car, seriously. I had 3 fords and a Z32 before this and nothing like this ever happend. Yes granted they were no where near this much power per litre and they were not as comfortable or as good looking(except for the Z32), but i would take my 93 probe w/180K miles on it(running smooth and quiet still), on a 1000 mile road trip, and I wouldnt even worry for a second.

This A4 has me on edge all the ******* time. I have had it since december and already it has a broken lock cylinder, the locks wont work electronically anymore as you can see from this thread. The Radio has fucked up charicters on it sometimes. LCD in the gauges dont work. The back pass side window gets stuck and is all chunky when it goes up or down. Neaither handle on eaither door on the drivers side works, gotta roll down the window, reach outside and grab the outer door handle to exit the car, then roll the window back up, the ash tray wont go back in and rattles to high heaven. The rear defroster 'decides' when it WANTS to work and when it doesnt....

I guess on the plus side, the engine and trans are phenominal...

Quick Reply: OMFG I need some help!