Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 600hp+ Supra owner...soon A4 owner??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Old 600hp+ Supra owner...soon A4 owner??

Sold my wonderful 98 Supra Single turbo two years back to buy a house and free up time to finish grad school; needless to say I was sad but now I could sell my house, buy 5 supras and still have money left.

I started looking into A4 recently and came across a nice '04, 12kmiles w/Ultra Sport package, blk/blk leather, remote start, XM radio, heated seats, sun roof and its owned by a dentist who has a garage with a '04 Porsche Turbo, '05 M3 and about 100 models of cars and the floor looked like you could sleep on it. First off this was my ideal ower, he stated it was his wife's car and that he bought her "a different car", well that was the M3 of course.

Anyway its a 1.8T and looks like, smells like it's brand spanking new. What do you guys think? I am not looking for a substitute for my supra; actually I do not plan on doing anything with this, I could not stop modifying my supra and do not want to fall into the same love-hate relationship with this car. ...if I didn't sell the supra when I did, I was about 2 weeks away from putting in an alcohol meth injection kit...

What I am looking for is a RELIABLE, fun and relaxing all weather car.
What do you guys think?
Price is $27k, deal or not?

Thanks to all!!

Old 10-23-2005, 02:39 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Old 600hp+ Supra owner...soon A4 owner??

Ehh, it will never stay stock, thats the prob. The turbo cars respond to well to mods, as im sure you know. You install Apr stage 3+ and the car would be perfect for you.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:49 AM
1st Gear

I also meant to ask if the warranty is transferable? What are the A4 trouble spots (if any)?

Thanks again!

Old 10-23-2005, 03:01 AM
4th Gear

Biggest problem/trouble spot with the a4s is the compressor size.Its just to dang small. Apr make a replacement compressor that is much more enjoyable to drive,and safer for you. its a gt28rs. Where as the stock compressor flows 170hp, the Apr one flows 340hp.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:31 AM

Go for it, it sounds like a good deal. That would be a very sick car. It'll be an interesting switch from the Supra to this, but these are highly moddable if thats your plan. If modding is not your priority, you'll still have a great all around sporty luxury car.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:36 AM
4th Gear

I think I wold try and bring him down some. maybe start at 25K and have it in hand. tell him it his now or thats all you can spend on it and you will look else where and then barter with him, other than that, as far as what you said you were looking for, this will deff fill that need. also where are you located, I know of a few places that have that tunearound with the houses. my friend has a place in las vegas that did that. Oh and welcom to the forums.

Old 10-23-2005, 03:13 PM
1st Gear

I plan on keeping the car stock.

Is the turbo water cooled? I know most stock turbo systems are these days.

Is turbo cool down required on the stock system?

I read a few posts about people putting 87 octane fuel in their car, why the hell would anyone want to do that to for a few duckets at the expense of the car's longevity?
Knowing that high compression cars produce more heat in the cylinders, and higher octain ignites at higher temps, it seems pre-ignition/detonation is likely to occur if not using 91 (Cali) or 93 octane? I do not know if there is a data logger for the A4, but if there is has anyone ever clarified the amount of timing retardation for lower octane fuel or for higher boost on 93 octane? ...just out of curiosity of course!

I am in the DC area.

Old 10-23-2005, 03:36 PM
dan
2nd Gear

27k is a bitchin deal for an 04 USP.

A couple months ago, before we found the car we actually purchased we looked at an 03 and 2 04;s and both of the owners/dealers wanted 29-33k for them.

we ended up finding an 05 USP for 29k but we got it at a steal because the car was sold to an audi tech for a killer price and he traded it back into the dealership he worked at (who we bought from) for a really low trade in so they sold the car low and still made the same profit. We were just lucky.

Old 10-23-2005, 04:01 PM
4th Gear

u got any pics of that old supra??

Old 10-23-2005, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

Ya id go for it ...its an addicting drive..ive got the 05 version of the ultrasport..tons of fun to drive..def. worth it

Quick Reply: Old 600hp+ Supra owner...soon A4 owner??