Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok let's talk about turbo's #2!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: ok let's talk about turbo's #2!!

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

yea thats right
ORIGINAL: 18T

Jeff had mika leminwerks(sp?) tuned i believe.

and if i remember correctly he was makin 333whp.
337 your robbing me of 4whp

Old 03-31-2007, 03:42 AM
4th Gear

i think elim setup would be the easiest, most reliable

Old 03-31-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

i think elim setup would be the easiest, most reliable
easiest...yes. most realiable....NO!

there have been way to many turbo failures with the eliminators. The housings flow sucks, blades damage easily, and they just dont perform as well as a normal t3/t25 housing garrett turbo.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:16 AM
4th Gear

perhaps, but i know arif has been running an elim setup for quite a while, without any major issues

Old 03-31-2007, 04:19 AM
I'm make believe

ok, thats 1. When compared to all the failed turbos, do you really want to take that risk? I would rather have a good, reliable full garrett turbo to start, that will make more power and not worry about it dying on me.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:25 AM
1st Gear

Im looking to get a new turbo also. My question is, is what is actually needed for each of these setups to make some power. How much of a price dif would there be for a completed job on these 2 dif turbos?

Ko4 --- > Not much but what exactly? Chip and maybe injectors?

GT28rs or gt2871r ---- > Software? Inujectors? Rods... what else?

I'm looking to create some more power in my FWD A4 and am wondering which would be the better buy. Im not looking to spend 1000 on the Ko4 and supporting mods or w/e and realized wow. i didnt really get much out of it. lol How much would each job completed be around? and what consists of a completed job for each turbo... rods? injectors...?

Old 03-31-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm make believe

no rods needed for a 28rs or a .86 2871r. The smaller .64 2871r will need rods. Check out aprand atp for kits. The atp one you will need fueling and software also.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:10 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: SouRce4

Im looking to get a new turbo also. My question is, is what is actually needed for each of these setups to make some power. How much of a price dif would there be for a completed job on these 2 dif turbos?

Ko4 --- > Not much but what exactly? Chip and maybe injectors?

GT28rs or gt2871r ---- > Software? Inujectors? Rods... what else?

I'm looking to create some more power in my FWD A4 and am wondering which would be the better buy. Im not looking to spend 1000 on the Ko4 and supporting mods or w/e and realized wow. i didnt really get much out of it. lol How much would each job completed be around? and what consists of a completed job for each turbo... rods? injectors...?
im not sure about the gt2871r or gt28rs, im researchin into that myself right now. but for k04, if you just want a moderate tune then all you will need is the turbo and tuning. if you want the most out of the k04, you will need the turbo, tuning, bigger injectors, adjustable fpr (not required but recommended) fmic, and exhaust to fully utilize it.

cincytt- so whats the difference between the the 2871r's? is it more power but more lag if the a/r is bigger? also why would you not need rods for the .86 2871r but would for the smaller .64 2871r?

Old 03-31-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

cincytt- so whats the difference between the the 2871r's? is it more power but more lag if the a/r is bigger? also why would you not need rods for the .86 2871r but would for the smaller .64 2871r?
The .86 has a larger, more flowing turbine so it spools a little later. You will have a little more lag but more power up to. And with the added lag you push peak torque further down the power band reducing the risk of snapping a rod. People have made 360+whp and with stock internals with the .86 and most .64 guys are getting 350whp but much better streetable turbo.

Old 03-31-2007, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

The .86 has a larger, more flowing turbine so it spools a little later. You will have a little more lag but more power up to. And with the added lag you push peak torque further down the power band reducing the risk of snapping a rod. People have made 360+whp and with stock internals with the .86 and most .64 guys are getting 350whp but much better streetable turbo.
I'm wondering about what you say about pushing the power uo to the higher rpm range being safer. wouldnt more power be safer at lowerrpms becasue the parts arnt moving as much there for less strain. Alos you have to think alot about what you want when buying your turbo. yes a higher a/r will make more power but it spools later.on the othere hand a lower a/r makes slightly less but spools quicker, but at high rpms you will start to loose boost because the backpressure in the turbo will become to great. in general the higher a/r you go the more drag car you become. lower a/r are generally considered street turbo's

Quick Reply: ok let's talk about turbo's #2!!