Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok im buying a gt28rs

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm make believe
Old 10-24-2007, 11:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Ok im buying a gt28rs

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

ORIGINAL: A4speed
hows the ride treatin ya?
well, since we're already WAY off topic. i'll give in. besides, it's related to a gt28rs anyways.. here's something to look forward to Kyle

it's been a bi*ch this past week. to say the least.. fought a wastegate flange leak(3 blown gaskets). ended up machining down the flange. got that fixed, then the turbo>manifold gasket blew. took that out and while bolting the turbo back to the manifold, i managed to strip one nut so it wasn't evena nut anymore. and i snapped the other top stud in half.. had to remove those, an asetelyne torch played a roll. then i retapped the top holes. put new studs in. rebolted the turbo back up and put everything back together finally about 20 minutes ago... whew.. oh, and my rear tire decided to go flat while the car was parked for over 5 days. which my battery died in that time also.. yeah, fun stuff in the BT world..

but starting her up and taking her for a spin around the block made it all worth it

Do you really have like that many problems with the gt28rs? I thouhgt i was getting something semi reliable..how often does stuff break now w/ your bt?

Old 10-25-2007, 12:05 AM

Nice temp-word of advice keep hands on wheel and eyes on road or just wear seatbelt and do crazy shat so u stay on the safe side......

Old 10-25-2007, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: rhyab1

Nice temp-word of advice keep hands on wheel and eyes on road or just wear seatbelt and do crazy shat so u stay on the safe side......
I save the craziness for the track!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear

any pictures of the turbo yet?

Old 10-25-2007, 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: jonus079

any pictures of the turbo yet?
he hasn't got it yet, but he posted the link in page 3 or page 4.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Kyle09

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

ORIGINAL: A4speed
hows the ride treatin ya?
well, since we're already WAY off topic. i'll give in. besides, it's related to a gt28rs anyways.. here's something to look forward to Kyle

it's been a bi*ch this past week. to say the least.. fought a wastegate flange leak(3 blown gaskets). ended up machining down the flange. got that fixed, then the turbo>manifold gasket blew. took that out and while bolting the turbo back to the manifold, i managed to strip one nut so it wasn't evena nut anymore. and i snapped the other top stud in half.. had to remove those, an asetelyne torch played a roll. then i retapped the top holes. put new studs in. rebolted the turbo back up and put everything back together finally about 20 minutes ago... whew.. oh, and my rear tire decided to go flat while the car was parked for over 5 days. which my battery died in that time also.. yeah, fun stuff in the BT world..

but starting her up and taking her for a spin around the block made it all worth it

Do you really have like that many problems with the gt28rs? I thouhgt i was getting something semi reliable..how often does stuff break now w/ your bt?
it's honestly not that bad most of the time.. there are times when things can go wrong, and snowball from there like they did for me. but this is the first honest to god problem i've had with the car in almost 6 months..

i wouldn't recomend a BT upgrade for anyone that doesn't have one of the following. or both

1- you yourself, or someone close(relative/friend) has a pretty good knowledge of mechanics. basic mechanics of an engine is a must. but turbo related knowledge is a good thing to have, and pretty much a must too.

2- have a decent amount of extra money. this way when the car needs some work, you have no problem taking it to your local audi/vw tuning shop and have worked on by the best.

if you don't have 2, and your only a bit into 1, then don't worry. there is lots of tools and resources out there for your advancement.. and hands on experience while putting on a BT setup will really help your knowledge grow

Old 10-25-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm make believe

^ good point Sean. When you upgrade one thing, other parts that werent meant to see that kind of power will either wear faster or just flat out break. Knowing your car is a great way to make sure you know whats wrong when something is wrong and you then should know how to fix it.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

good point Sean.
am i reading that right???? [sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM
1st Gear

hahaha i was like wtf?! also........I went ahead and bought the turbo, but i can still turn back....is it really worth like 7 grand? Thats like, a 1999 b5 w/ 90000 miles.....

Quick Reply: Ok im buying a gt28rs