Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Change Rant Dealership/Walmart

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Default Oil Change Rant Dealership/Walmart

I came up on my oil change interval on my car and wanted the my Audi dealer to do the change. They charge $70, but the change interval on the 3.0 B6 cars is 10k so I figured... no biggie. Then I find out that they wouldn't put synthetic in my car. Their position: Audi doesn't call for it in AVK engine. End of subject.

So I go to Walmart. The do the Synthetic change for about $55 with the up-charge for the extra two quarts of oil the 3.0 takes. Good deal. Well... I go to pick the car up and I get there... the passenger's side window is down, the passenger's seat is fully reclined, my mats aren't snapped into the clips, there's oil spilled on the driver's side fender, greasy palm prints on the hood, on the driver's door and a huge grease mark on the door pull inside the car. Steering wheel is slimey... The manager gave me the oil change for free and a $25 gift card.

Needless to say, I was pissed, but I'll still take it there. I will just make sure that the guy who usually does my oil change is working and that he's aware of the f**k up that the moron who did this oil change pulled so it doesn't happen again.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Oil Change Rant Dealership/Walmart

looks like you need to spend the $25 on car car products to clean the mess.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:12 AM
2nd Gear

LOL at cincy.

Hey man, go to one of those Goodyear shops or Sears if you want to pay someone to do it for you. I don't know who has worse mechanics, the dealership or Walmart, but both are pretty bad. Do you think Walmart really picks up good mechanics with schooling etc. They will let any schmo off the street work there. You don't need much knowlege to change oil, but you don't need much knowledge to screw stuff up either. Please don't ever let Walmart touch your car ever again.

I have had really good experiences with Goodyear with my previous cars. The shop accross the street has been pretty good and have proven to be quite knowledgable. They actually refuse to work on the Audi for some things (I was actually kind of shocked), but they can handle the easy stuff like oil changes.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:20 AM
4th Gear

OR...spend 10 minutes and DIY. But if you must, take it to a reputable place, and remember you get what you pay for.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:58 AM
3rd Gear

Wal-Mart changes oil?

LMFAO you really took your AUDI to wal-mart?

What a fu(king joke I think you got what you had coming! That's proly the first Audi they have ever seen BE GLAD THEY DIDN"T JOY RIDE YOUR JUNK................

Old 04-21-2007, 02:09 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

I came up on my oil change interval on my car and wanted the my Audi dealer to do the change. They charge $70, but the change interval on the 3.0 B6 cars is 10k so I figured... no biggie. Then I find out that they wouldn't put synthetic in my car. Their position: Audi doesn't call for it in AVK engine. End of subject.

So I go to Walmart. The do the Synthetic change for about $55 with the up-charge for the extra two quarts of oil the 3.0 takes. Good deal. Well... I go to pick the car up and I get there... the passenger's side window is down, the passenger's seat is fully reclined, my mats aren't snapped into the clips, there's oil spilled on the driver's side fender, greasy palm prints on the hood, on the driver's door and a huge grease mark on the door pull inside the car. Steering wheel is slimey... The manager gave me the oil change for free and a $25 gift card.

Needless to say, I was pissed, but I'll still take it there. I will just make sure that the guy who usually does my oil change is working and that he's aware of the f**k up that the moron who did this oil change pulled so it doesn't happen again.

do it yourself dont be lazy, like he said it takes no more than 15 mins and you know its done right cause you did it. i dont want to hear audi and walmart in the same sentence ever again, EVER!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2007, 02:43 AM
3rd Gear

i was at the dealership today and i saw the kind of mechanics they employ. All their mechanicslooked like pimply faced high school kids who I wouldn't trust with my skateboard let alone my $30,000 vehicle.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Beer Mod

Wal-Mart changes oil?

LMFAO you really took your AUDI to wal-mart?

What a fu(king joke I think you got what you had coming! That's proly the first Audi they have ever seen BE GLAD THEY DIDN"T JOY RIDE YOUR JUNK................
I knew that was coming. LOL. Believe it or not, they have this guy that works there who is very conscientious and professional. He is the shift manager and usually the guy who does my oil change. He was just busy and couldn't do it. He felt very bad and comped me. I have no problem taking it there. I would take it to the dealer except that they won't put synthetic in it and I don't run conventional oil for 10k miles.

As for doing it myself. It isn't about beinglazy, I don't have ramps, and even if I did I don't have any way of maneuvering the belly pan properly. I'm not going to struggle with it for 35-45 minutes to do an oil change. I am up at4am every day and don't get home until 4pm from work. I drive 130 miles a day round trip commuting from Boardman, OH to Pittsburgh, PA. My weekends are reserved for doing fun things like driving my TT. [8D]

Old 04-21-2007, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

If you take the synthetic with you, the Audi dealer will put it in and they will only charge for the labor and oil filter.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:43 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I actually take my car to the most evil of all evils....

Jiffy Lube.

Of course, I know the guy who runs the shop, and he always has a $15 off coupon for me, and the people who work in this one (with the exception of the counter help) have been doing this for a long time. They take their time for me, and they top off all my fluids for free, and I also totally got a free tire rotation last time, because I always go when its not busy. Plus, they vac out my car. If I didn't know these guys personally, I'd never even think about going there. Guess I kinda lucked out on that one.

Quick Reply: Oil Change Rant Dealership/Walmart