Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Forge Splitter Review (Lots of Pics Added!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:52 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Official Forge Splitter Review

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

A little publicity for Forge since they were so nice to donate a valve to a guniea pig...
The Forge Splitter is in! First, Ill saythat fitment and size is very close to my Forge 006. I tensioned the spring by 10 clicks just to be different. The sound is nice and crisp, yet not too loud. Its not anything like a 100% vta bov by any means as far as sound goes. With having tip, there isa lot less on/off throtle compared toa manual, so that means there is lot less audible venting. Its definately louder than a DV/cone filter combo which so many people like, and it doesnt get annoying either. Ironicaly, I got a CEL while testing it out on the road... I was very disapointed until I got home to retrieve only an 02 sensor code which- is related to my test pipe. (I geta CEL every 300 miles from it, so it's "normal.") Its hard not to want to build up boost and then set it free. Its going to get some attention, but not much. Its a very stealthy valve. Im going to log blocks with vag com tomorrow and will have a better review on Sunday witha sound clip.
Its sort of exciting to be a guniea pig for/owningForge productsbecause they are top notch, CNC machined, lifetime waranteed, chunks of Audi chocolate.

A side note:
I dont expect there to be any issues with this valve. The amount of air it vta is very minimal, 10-15% max. My stong oppinions on BOV's have always been aimed at the type that are 100% vta because so manypeople have CELs/issueswith them. This Forge Splitter valve was created to ensure no adverse affects on the engine, fuel trims, mass airflow meter, etc. when running in "split" mode.. So that means there should be no CEL or fault codes unless you are running it as 100%vta. Im going to try 100% vta mode temporarilyon it just for testing soon too.
Sounds awesome, is the testpipe problem you come accross very common? Cause its the first thing I've read about that issue...

Old 04-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Amze
Sounds awesome, is the testpipe problem you come accross very common? Cause its the first thing I've read about that issue...
Yes, very common. No combination of non foulers can prevent at least a fault code and CEL for 00+ engines. There is a guy on AZ who makes a custom CNC machined kind that works well, but thats a different topic.... So..... Anyway.. I should have logs done by the end of the night for the Splitter!

Old 04-22-2007, 11:05 PM
1st Gear

Great cant wait for the logs onepoint8tee. I assume everything is still running great?

Old 04-22-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm make believe

Running perfect here.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Zombie Defense Force

i have had no problems with it on the evo as far as running wise. however to run it on an evo forge should make some larger ports because the evo runs more boost but thats argument is for a different site and forum

Old 04-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Site Moderator

Still running nice...No cel, no codes,feels the same aswith the 006. Still need to do logs.. I passed out last night.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

You are killing me with suspense onepoint8tee LOL.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:51 AM
4th Gear

haha, hes doing it on purpose

Old 04-24-2007, 07:29 PM

So does everyone recommend that you buy this instead of a DV like the forge007?

Old 04-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Site Moderator

Sure why not? It works just as well as any other Forge DV like the 006 or 007 when using it as a DV/100% recirc. If you want it to blow off a minimal amount for the sound, then it would be safe to do... And you wouldnt have to worry about using different springs/washers for tension. Its simple and solid. Its only $30 more than an 007 and there are a variety of tuning options that come with it. As for those who are on more of a budget, I would recomend myhighly refined Forge 006 DV which hapens to be for sale... [:-]

Quick Reply: Official Forge Splitter Review (Lots of Pics Added!!!)