Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Forge Splitter Review (Lots of Pics Added!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Official Forge Splitter Review

A little publicity for Forge since they were so nice to donate a valve to a guniea pig...
The Forge Splitter is in! First, Ill saythat fitment and size is very close to my Forge 006. I tensioned the spring by 10 clicks just to be different. The sound is nice and crisp, yet not too loud. Its not anything like a 100% vta bov by any means as far as sound goes. With having tip, there isa lot less on/off throtle compared toa manual, so that means there is lot less audible venting. Its definately louder than a DV/cone filter combo which so many people like, and it doesnt get annoying either. Ironicaly, I got a CEL while testing it out on the road... I was very disapointed until I got home to retrieve only an 02 sensor code which- is related to my test pipe. (I geta CEL every 300 miles from it, so it's "normal.") Its hard not to want to build up boost and then set it free. Its going to get some attention, but not much. Its a very stealthy valve. Im going to log blocks with vag com tomorrow and will have a better review on Sunday witha sound clip.
Its sort of exciting to be a guniea pig for/owningForge productsbecause they are top notch, CNC machined, lifetime waranteed, chunks of Audi chocolate.

A side note:
I dont expect there to be any issues with this valve. The amount of air it vta is very minimal, 10-15% max. My stong oppinions on BOV's have always been aimed at the type that are 100% vta because so manypeople have CELs/issueswith them. This Forge Splitter valve was created to ensure no adverse affects on the engine, fuel trims, mass airflow meter, etc. when running in "split" mode.. So that means there should be no CEL or fault codes unless you are running it as 100%vta. Im going to try 100% vta mode temporarilyon it just for testing soon too.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Zombie Defense Force

got and let me tell you the crasftsmanship on this thing is great, top notch. here are some pics of the valve. note i have blue piping on the end of mine because this is going on an evo and i have a larger pipe then an audi

Old 04-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Zombie Defense Force

This is how it came, set up to vta and recirculate

This is a set up to run 100% vta

This is 100% recirculate

This is it with all 3 pieces off

Old 04-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Site Moderator

Mine looks better

Old 04-20-2007, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

got and let me tell you the crasftsmanship on this thing is great, top notch. here are some pics of the valve. note i have blue piping on the end of mine because this is going on an evo and i have a larger pipe then an audi

Yeah, that was my quick and ugly solution [:'(] to getting one of these on an EVO... I'll have some proper 34mm ports soon

Old 04-20-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm make believe

Hey jeff, can you get me some bigger pics, or maybe a larger monitor to view your pics?

Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ya i can go larger. just send me some $ so i can get photobucket pro lol.
Ok installation was a breeze and it fit perfect. went and did some logs and it is the exact same as my 100% recirc forge rs valve. i felt nor saw any difference on my logs when switching between the 2 a/f stayed the same!!!. the car idles like stock and has no problem holding that idle. there is no problem when getting off the gas and the rpms fall back down. the car never once even came close to stalling. the sound is awesome and i will get a vid once my roommate finds his camera. more test to come but right now im in the process of gutting my car for my race tomorrow

Old 04-20-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm make believe

Tried to swap the outlets and the car stalls. The valve leaks at idle. The reason why it works in the way it comes is because the vta port sits above the piston at idle and is exposed when the car releases the pressure. So, venting 10% to atmosphere is the only option unless you port out the vent side a little (not recommended).

Old 04-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ya i didnt try to change the ports at all. i might try to vta 100% just to see how it works.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:48 AM
4th Gear

Very interesting... me like

Quick Reply: Official Forge Splitter Review (Lots of Pics Added!!!)