Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not ecodes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: not ecodes?

Thnks, so your saying, no matter the brand, cheap lights will project like that

Old 07-10-2007, 02:35 PM
3rd Gear

no but do you want to buy 5 sets in order to find out which ones dont? or just put all of that money towards ecodes and have good lights that will last forever/you can HID/won't have to worry about moisture with?

its your money, do whatever makes you fell warm and fuzzy but I made this mistake bought cheap ebay lights. drove around for 2 months with an inch of water in my light, almost bought another set then decided you get what you pay for and got some slightly used ecodes... HID'd them w/ city lights and now they look really good.

ebay is going to disappoint you again and again...

Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

wait i was just thinking about it...smokeu, if there suposed to light up the street signs, why do they both go like that_____/. wouldnt only the right side do that while the left side goes the othe way. They both shouldnt go like_________/ should they?

Old 07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
3rd Gear

_____
stock: ____/
/
cheap ebay crap: ____/
_____
ecodes: \______

both lights. any questions?

Old 07-10-2007, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

no that prety much covered it thanks, its just hard to believe that each company does that. it makes no sense, you would think that everybody would just send them back and they would be out of buisness

Old 07-10-2007, 04:44 PM
3rd Gear

very true... but think about it... you send it back ($30 in shipping) + restock fee ($25-$30) = $50-$60 to send it back if they'll even take them back... for a little more you can just buy another set. hint: the seller knows this and has adjusted his pricing to minimize returns.

Experiment:
think about the first time you got these headlights and held them in your hands. In the back of your mind were you like "these are high quality headlights!" (from Taiwan).

Next:
take that same headlight and place it next to a Valeo housing (stock) and tell me which one is better quality. tell me which one you would rather have on your $25,000 car?

I've learned a few things from reading on here that it's good to learn from others mistakes and you get what you pay for.

I had those cheap headlights on my car. they leak. they get moisture in them. the bulbs aren't near as bright as stock. the beam pattern sucks. they look cheap. they're off ebay. I wouldn't trust them with expensive HID bulbs. and on and on...

I ended up buying e-codes anyway so it was a total waste of time and money. I had to drain them once a week... Since I hid'd my ecodes I haven't had a single problem with them in months. and I think it is the best cosmetic mod I've done to my car so far... well worth the money.

you've bought two sets of these headlights so you're out $200-$300 so far? if you had that money back saved till your next paycheck you could get ecodes (or a set of CC'd Valeos from classifieds) forthat amount or a little more. then HID them and you'll be styling.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

Wheres the best place to buy REAL ecodes, how much did you guys drop on them when all is said and done?

Old 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
3rd Gear

look around the classifieds on here and the zine and you will find some or ECSTuning sells them for a good price. Also Clear cornering the stock housings is a good cheap mod... so if you can get some used stockies from someone who has upgraded, a little drilling, a little silicon add some HIDs from visionbulbs.com and you're set.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:01 AM
2nd Gear

so you guys are all saying its worth the extra $300?!! the real ecodes come with the projectors right? is there another site that stocks these other than ecs because ive been waiting for them to restock forever...

Old 07-11-2007, 01:27 AM
1st Gear

lol, this one actualy made me laugh. not all of ebay is bad, only the fools get fooled. research, dont just buy the first thing you see on ebay. sometimes ebay can be alot more exspensive then places like lltek.
what makes me laugh about all this is that everyone on this topic "hates" ebay and points people to other stores like lltek or ecs, but the majority of these people have or want to buy a m3 lip spoiler off ebay for $35 becuase in stores their $70+. 90% of people that have a lip spoiler bought them off ebay. most of the people that buy induction kits buy them off ebay.
hmm, whats that word again?? oh yea, hypocrites!!!

i bought my lip spoiler off ebay, no problems at all.
bought my KnN induction kit off ebay, best buy yet, had it 2 years now and no problems what so ever.
bought my smoked depo e-codes off ebay, $160, superb set of headlights.

and to the topic starter, the first picture you put up, the clear headlights are actuly e-codes. only depo and valeo make e-codes so if your going to buy off ebay email the seller first asking for the brand. and buy from a company thats selling on ebay, i avoid the personel sellers unless its something i am in desperate need of like a window motor or header tank ect.
i got my e-codes off k2 motor sports.

this whole topic is full of hypocrites.

Quick Reply: not ecodes?