Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No radio stations

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Default No radio stations

i had an alpine 9807headunit installed in my 2001 a4 for some reason i cannot here any radio stations they come in really static, i thought maybe the guy forgot to connect the antenna wire checked that it was fine i checked almost everything i even put the stock radio in to see if he messed up the antenna or amps anything and it worked fine maybe someone has a suggestion what to check maybe he didnt give power to a certain wire anything i dont know please help its been driving me nuts i appreciate all the answer i can get thank you

Old 08-31-2005, 08:24 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: No radio stations

yep, sounds like the antenna isnt connected, but my stock bose deck has bad reception as it is. so who knows.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:44 PM

Hey Sicilianaudi.

I have the same problem with my 2000 A4 radio stock from the dealership, so please if u got ur problem resolve can u send some info on how to fix mine please. Cause Im at the point where I listen to is mostly CD cause of the static I get from my radio. U mentioned that u did a few things before posting on the audiforums like antenna wire check & put the stock radio out. How did u do all that, where the booster are located & antenna also cause the things with me I don't known where in the car to start. So please if u got ur problem resolve some info on how to fix mine. Thanks

Old 09-03-2005, 02:28 PM
5th Gear

do you have the fancy prancy power antenna adapter thingy? Some wierd thing needs to be bought... it's like a long aluminum cylinder, about 9mm in diamter, and maybe 100mm long?

Course, I have that thing, and still my radio sucks. (I have an alpine CDA-7998)

Old 09-03-2005, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

same thing happened to me when i put my clarion vrx935vd in, only get one station i dont hate, cd's ever since. when i asked the guy who installed it he said its probably because our cars use that attenna that is built into the windshield

Old 09-04-2005, 02:41 AM
3rd Gear

this is actually funny when i have really bad reception i can hit my hazard button and it gets better for a minute or two[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 09-04-2005, 05:12 AM

I have bad reception to. I dont knwo why. But i didnt have a problem with my stock headunit. I have the alpine CDA- 9827

Old 09-04-2005, 01:16 PM
2nd Gear

My sony gets great reception actually too good of reception. I installed the power antenna adapter from crutchfield. The piece cost like 12 bucks, now I have satelite radio and never listen to normal radio ever. Or I plug in my ipod so I never carry cd's either.

Old 09-04-2005, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: skidplatexa4
Or I plug in my ipod so I never carry cd's either.
What do u use to plug in ur ipod?

Old 09-04-2005, 08:04 PM

ok i went to this guy by my house who is benn doin radios for like 30 years as soon as i told him my problem and what i thought it was he goes no its the booster the stock radios come with them inside or somthing like that so he had the adpter it was 20 bucks and that was the problem all it does is go in between the antenna wire to the radio i was like you have to be kidding me but yea that was the prblem, it looks exactly like what headshok2002 said so guys if u ever install a H/U make sure u get this thing if u need it cause i went to hell and back trying to figure this out so thanks guys for your help

Quick Reply: No radio stations