Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No one seems to know this DTC/CEL code!!??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:13 PM
1st Gear
Default No one seems to know this DTC/CEL code!!??

sup all.
well, i have had this DTC for quite some time now but never put much attention into it untill now.
the DTC:
18014 P1606 092
Rough Road Information /Target Torque from ABS Control Unit: electrical malfunction[/b]

I have no idea what so ever, whith what this is about!! i cant find any information about this code on the net (including forums) and no one from my local chapter knows either, a reputable local machanic didnt know either and the audi dealership is out of the question.

My ABS is off, i have all 3 fuses out. This code only shows up when I do a VAG-COM scan on the engine, dosnt show up when scanning the ABS itself although its ABS related.....

I have an EGR DTC aswell.....
this one showed up some time ago and has now turned into the other EGR DTC below it.....

Before17816 P1408 092
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Temperature Sensor (A) Circuit: high

Now 16785 P0401 093
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow: Insufficient Detected

Does anyone know what is causing this one to pop up or how to get rid of it??

Any help on both codes would be great.
Cheers.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: No one seems to know this DTC/CEL code!!??

For the EGR codes check the vaccum lines going to the combi valves on both banks, a vaccum leak here won't cause the engine to run any differently (closed system)
The ABS code I have seen once before but i can't remember exactly what the fix was, i think what we did was erase the ABS control module memory, then the Trans fault memory, and finally the engine fault memory. I think it has something to do with going over harsh roads and causes the ABS to activate too many times without hitting the brakes causing a fault code, i could be full of sh** though.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 PM
6th Gear

I'm throwing the same EGR code but the two mechanics I've talked to about it say nothing is wrong and I don't have to worry about it

Old 06-16-2007, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: auditech79

For the EGR codes check the vaccum lines going to the combi valves on both banks, a vaccum leak here won't cause the engine to run any differently (closed system)
The ABS code I have seen once before but i can't remember exactly what the fix was, i think what we did was erase the ABS control module memory, then the Trans fault memory, and finally the engine fault memory. I think it has something to do with going over harsh roads and causes the ABS to activate too many times without hitting the brakes causing a fault code, i could be full of sh** though.
thanks both. the more answers or ideas for this, the better, then i can compare and do some trial and error.

im going to have to try and find these vacume lines and have a lookat them. ive already replaced all the vacume hoses on the intake manifold.

how do you clear the fualt memory on them? i "clear DTC's" when im doing the VAG-COM to make the CEL dissapear, did you mean that way? or is there another to clear their memories?
actualy that makes sense about what you said, about theABS activating too many times without me applying the brakes.......
i have a seized rear caliper (at the moment its working fine, one long screwdriver solves the problem.) and when i have the ABS switched on i can get upto 15mph and then the ABS kicks in with me still trying to accelerate. it will stay on untill i get to 5mph, this is when my one caliper f*cks up all the time and i havea feeling that its the caliper not retracting all the way and the ABS see's this and thinks im aplying the brakes.
and this is why i have pulled my 3 fuses for the ABS, if you two were wondering.
im looking at getting a new (used) caliper very soon.
i have 3 other DTC's related to the ABS, but i know what their all about. just no one had any idea what this rough road one is.

these two things arnt stopping me from driving or anything like that, i was just wondering on some information about them while i remembered.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:05 AM

P1401 = EGR valve/solenoid bank 1 wiring short to ground,
P1408 = EGRT sensor high input - wiring short to positive/ ground wire defective.

edit:
P1606 = rough road signal - circuit malfunction fault is ABS control module trouble code(s) stored, CAN data bus