Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Exhaust....Back to Chipping (APR vs. AWE) GOING TO DO IT...? iS WHEN!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: ORDERING EXHAUST LATER THIS WEEK!

This is the only one I could find for the FSI engines.

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...roduct=FMFSITV

I think I'm going to forgo to boost gauge for now. If I have that, and take the car into the dealer for the 10,000 mile service, they may know something is up. +If they are kind of smart and know how to activate the chip, that we be a big clue for them to try it. I think it's going to be the Chip + DV First. I'll be ordering the Forge DV today and calling the place that does the chips to sched an appt.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:01 PM
1st Gear

Been on the phone most of the morning with AWE and APR. I spoke to a guy that has AWE in his 2007 A4 and loves it. I've also heard from both companies that the Forge DV has been giving people more problems than anything else. They both said the stock DV should be fine. If it goes, it's under Warranty so it will be covered by Audi. That makes this whole process much, much cheaper on my end. Instead of a few 1200...its now like $700. I was thinking about APR before...I think I may go with the GIAC chip. Or is that a complete mistake?

Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

Just got off the phone with GIAC dealer. $795 for X Chip, 93 Otane, Stock and Handheld flashloader to change programs. Advice?? Probably wont get much...It seems like all the stuff I've read on which chip is better than which may be out of date. (i.e. newer software versions have come out from each company.)

Old 11-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Site Moderator

I dont know of anyone with a B7 and GIAC. There was a thread not too long ago with dyno sheets of a B7 w/different chips. I think APR is the preference for a B7. The 2.0T doesnt need an updgraded DV like the 1.8T's do.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Slut

wow this is hurting my head just readung this haha... very indecisive. imo you should just get the chip and sit on the extra power for awhile. then if you decide you want some supporting mods, do the exhaust, intake, dv, etc. it really depends on what route you want to go with the car. I am not extremely familiar with the 2.0t mods but its not that different. You can spend more on how the car sounds or less on a nice little kick in the *** when you hammer down on it. maybe eventually have a fast a4 with bigger turbo and such.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:10 PM

you should just pick one or the other and do it, you are thinking way to much about this

Old 11-13-2007, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

I know...I know! I am thinking too much about it. I made an appt at the GIAC dealer in ATL to have it done. If I don't like it, I can always get my money back. I think I will though. I spoke with AWE directly this morning and they guy I spoke with has the same car I have and loves the chip upgrade. I'll be getting the Chip on Monday. It's going to be the Xchip with the 93 Octane and Stock Program. I've also got the handheld switcher to switch between the two when I take it to the dealer. I may get the valet program too. Either way, I'll be reporting back on Monday as to how I like it.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:04 PM

you should love it

and don't back out!

Old 11-13-2007, 04:25 PM
5th Gear

lol u keep going back and forth. but yeah you'll love GIAC. very torquey

Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

After further research and an inspection of what people have on Audizine.....Going with APR. I'm going to try and have it done on Friday.

Quick Reply: No Exhaust....Back to Chipping (APR vs. AWE) GOING TO DO IT...? iS WHEN!