Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Exhaust....Back to Chipping (APR vs. AWE) GOING TO DO IT...? iS WHEN!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 PM
1st Gear
Default No Exhaust....Back to Chipping (APR vs. AWE) GOING TO DO IT...? iS WHEN!

I've decided to go with the exhaust as the first mod. It's going to be from AWE. Carbonio CAI will be next. That will then be followed by a suspension kit from Stasis. This is a few months down the line. As far as the chip goes...the car has enough power as is. The exhaust will give me a few more horses/lbs of torque, but i'm not looking for anything dramatic. Once I move out of Macon, or my warrenty expires I'll go with the Chip. Plus, if something goes wrong, there is no Auid dealer within 80+ miles...that's also a big part of it.

BTW, spoke to a dealer that sells both Milltek + AWE stuff. He said AWE exhaust is better than Milltek. He said Milltek has to be adjusted every few months b/c of heat or something like that. Also, he said something about rubber connections. He said AWE is very good. Also said, I found this to be funny, he woudln't put APR exhaust on a bicycle.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:44 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: ORDERING EXHAUST LATER THIS WEEK!

ok this isn't about exhaust but the Carbonio intake is only for looks. if that's wut u want they i will shut up lol. im not sure wut the guy is talkin bout for the exhaust being adjusted every few months. i mean u either weld the connections together or bolt them together. i've nvr heard anybody in their right mind having rubber connections for exhaust pipes. maybe he was talking about the rubber hangings? well the stock hangings are rubber and i doubt they change the hangings for the exhaust as there are only so many places to put them.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

The carbonio will make a difference in sound with the bigger exhaust. But we'll see if I still want it after I have the exhaust. Like I said, i'm not sure what I heard, but it sounded like the Milltek had to be adjusted every 10-12 months for some kind of movenet issue. I think it was b/c of heat or something like that. He said the AWE exhaust is one of the best.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

actually i'm getting cold feet about spending the money on the car right now. I want to get this stuff...but is it really neccassry? No. Is it cool, yes! Maybe, in the next year or two, when I have the extra money I'll go and get some of this stuff. But for now, I think I'm just going to leave the car as is. There are better things I can spend my money on.

Does anyone have this happen to them before they are about to buy something for their car?

Old 11-13-2007, 01:04 AM
3rd Gear

Yeah i was in your shoes. I just did intake dosent increae HP but it makes your car sound like it has a turbo.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 AM
2nd Gear

if you're having this much animosity over spending $800 on your car, maybe this isn't for you. if you are breaking the bank for mods, then you shouldn't be modding. sorry, but true.

on the other hand, if you have the cash to spare and your next car/house/rent payment isn't even bothering you. then mod away..

im sure you already know this. but just realize that an exhaust is just going to be for sound, looks, and a little, littlebit of power.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

if you're having this much animosity over spending $800 on your car, maybe this isn't for you. if you are breaking the bank for mods, then you shouldn't be modding. sorry, but true.

on the other hand, if you have the cash to spare and your next car/house/rent payment isn't even bothering you. then mod away..

im sure you already know this. but just realize that an exhaust is just going to be for sound, looks, and a little, littlebit of power.
like i have told you time and again....... do a tp and take out your resinator....... or get custom work done

that way you won't worry about the money, cause it will be closer to 2-300 instead or 800-1000

Old 11-13-2007, 01:45 AM
1st Gear

I looked into a custum setup...$725. I like the Audi exhaust. Sounds good...for now! I'm just leaning back and forth. I have the money to do it. I just can't decide if I should go chip or exhaust first. With the chip I have to buy the Forge DV ($250) and a boost gauge from AWE ($260) the chip is $599 + $149 for the 93 program (Although it will be the t-giving sale and it will be buy one get the rest free) so it ends up being about 1300 for the set up. Which I have. Just not sure what to do first. I also got a speeding ticket the other night, which I can pay for....but that sort of woke me up a bit.

I should prolly just go with the chip....am now leaning back towards that.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:55 AM
5th Gear

forge dv is not 250, boost gauge is not 260, and you dont even need a boost gauge. with the t-giving sale you can get the everything you need for 600-700 bucks not 1300.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:45 AM
2nd Gear

Go get the exhaust man. And when you feel comfortable with your money do the chip. Turbo will then breath better. Just an opinion.

Quick Reply: No Exhaust....Back to Chipping (APR vs. AWE) GOING TO DO IT...? iS WHEN!