Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie about to sign lease, am I getting a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 05:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Newbie about to sign lease, did I get a good deal?

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

Newbie about to sign lease, did I get a good deal? too late to answer I think you already did it
Haven't signed yet....guess I should have said "am I getting a good deal"

Dealer didn't have any manuals in stock, only tiptronic. He's finding me a 6sp from a nearby dealer. I'll sign the lease next week when he has my car ready.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SalemstanA4

Before you lease any car with a retail lease at a new car dealer, search for the carsalesman blog and read about how the dealer sees leasing. While there are some good lease deals out there, in the end it is usually better to buy.
I'll definitely search for that blog. Anyone have a link?

I think have a decent grasp on lease vs buy. I'm open-minded though, if someone can show me how to buy a $32k car with $1,000 out of pocket and $400 per month, I'd be extremely happy.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: aRIf

I would not get B6 S4. There is no room for serious mod.
i honestly dont mean to offend but that has to be one of the dumbest things i ever heard. when in the world did it become to hard to mod a big V8, especially one that comes out the box with 341 hp. seriously, some people put way too much stock into bolt ons and chips. Big V8's have been getting worked and tuned for over 50 years. nobody will ever build any audi 4 cylinder that can make more power then a similiar modded v8. Dont think its any different because its a audi engine.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:08 PM

about to sign and did I get a good deal contradicts it self but I know what your saying

Old 12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
1st Gear

Get an S4 for the love of GOD!!!!!

I love my A4... but if I ever spend that much money to get another instead of an S4... someone shoot my ***.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:52 PM
1st Gear

Did I accidentally post this in the S4 forum? Lol

Nobody seems to like the A4???

I just want a really nice, brand new, entry-level luxury car with a bit of a sporty drive. I'm not building a project racecar or anything...don't want to mod or street race, not taking it to the track....just looking for a nice car.

I just wanted people's opinions on the deal, is it good or not? Is $400 a month high, low, or average? It's the best deal I've found so far, I'm just doing my due diligence before signing the papers.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Newbie about to sign lease, am I getting a good deal?

Dude thats what they quoted my friend 300 I believe even if it was 400 it's still a good deal cause we went and talked every dealer for most of the decent make cars and audi had the best deal.. And yes it was quattro, I wouldn't even think about a FWD.. Quattro fully loaded.. Yeah dude that's an awesome deal like I said cause we looked everything out there worth looking at..

Old 12-08-2006, 07:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Newbie about to sign lease, am I getting a good deal?

ORIGINAL: McGuireDennis

Dude thats what they quoted my friend 300 I believe even if it was 400 it's still a good deal cause we went and talked every dealer for most of the decent make cars and audi had the best deal.. And yes it was quattro, I wouldn't even think about a FWD.. Quattro fully loaded.. Yeah dude that's an awesome deal like I said cause we looked everything out there worth looking at..
Maybe a downpayment or trade-in to get to 300 a month? I was shocked to find 400, but if your buddy got 300, I'd love to see the numbers...that's a great payment.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:12 PM
4th Gear

It sounds like a good deal to me.
I like the (sleek) b7 better than the (boat) B6.

Go for it, and make sure you post all your mods someday when you get to that point.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:58 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: rayveedub

ORIGINAL: aRIf

I would not get B6 S4. There is no room for serious mod.
i honestly dont mean to offend but that has to be one of the dumbest things i ever heard. when in the world did it become to hard to mod a big V8, especially one that comes out the box with 341 hp. seriously, some people put way too much stock into bolt ons and chips. Big V8's have been getting worked and tuned for over 50 years. nobody will ever build any audi 4 cylinder that can make more power then a similiar modded v8. Dont think its any different because its a audi engine.

I am not saying you cannot mod the engine but it will be way to expensive. how much do you need to spent on B6 S4 to put extra 100awhp ? you are talking about chip and other bold-ons. chip gives what 25hp, exhaust system maybe another 15hp ? What I mean is modding a turbo car is easier/cheaper than a normal car.

I still take B7 2.0T over B6 S4.

If this is the dumbest thing you ever heard, then show me some well modded and affortable B6 S4. I want to learn. I mean it.

Also what amaze me is how many percentage more you can go over the stock hp motor, not having a 400hp S4. it does not amaze me.

Quick Reply: Newbie about to sign lease, am I getting a good deal?