Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Do it!
48.28%
Dont' do it!
27.59%
I like rum!
24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

the new look/ Inspiration added (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:16 PM
2nd Gear
Default the new look/ Inspiration added (pics)

So I decided on a new look for my car and want you opinions. I want to paint my whole car flat Black with red accents including the audi rings, brake calipers, joey modded lights with red light rings and black bbs lm style wheels with red stripe. I was also thinking about doing a city light mod with red lights instead of the typical whiteto make it look more sinister. I like my car to look real evil and I think this will do the trick. Tell me what you think. I also need to find a paint shop that will do the flat black for a reasonable price. If anybody knows someone let me know. I really want to start doing this but am limited on funds. I think it will look awesome when it's done.

Anybody want to sponser me?!?!?

Old 01-17-2008, 10:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: the new look?

You crazy

Old 01-17-2008, 10:21 PM
2nd Gear

im painting my car flat black for a while too. i using primer though cause i actually gotta cover body work. sounds like it would make a nice show car though. u gotta go w/ the black and red interior too, like red suede inserts in a black leather seat. now thats ill. and where do you find how to do the trunk/brakelight mod?

Old 01-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm make believe

the flat black looks nice, but it scratches really easy.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:27 PM
2nd Gear

I think it will turn out good. I wonder what I can do to protect it from scratches. Would I still be able to wax it without shining it up too much?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Administrator

If by city lights, you mean in the headlight housings, you're gonna get murdered with tickets. At least in NY, and I believe nationwide, you can't have red lights in front of the rear axle for safety reasons. Other than that, it could be pretty sweet if you don't overdo the red.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear

By city lights, I mean small led's fixed inside the highbeam assembly similar to ecodes. I would rewire them of course to a switch to be turned of for daily driving.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Administrator

I figured that's what you meant. Just be forewarned about the risk of tickets for that.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

Flat black acan not be proteceted from scratches, it is because the have to leave the base coat exposed other wise you will get some shine even with satin clear coats.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm make believe

The clear coat protects the color and gives the paint depth. With a flat paint job, your going to get tons of scratches from rocks and people just touching it. You wont have any form of protection and waxing it wont help, its not a clearcoat.

Quick Reply: the new look/ Inspiration added (pics)