Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New headlights.....one problem????

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:25 PM
arb
1st Gear
Default New headlights.....one problem????

Hey i just purchased some new angel eye headlights for my 99 A4 1.8t. Well the housing fits in fine my problem is my stock turn signal bulb(not the acutal bulb...but what the bulb is currently sitting in) will not fit into these aftermarket lights hole? anyone else had this happen. is there an adapter or somthingi can buy that will enable them to fit ?

thnx

Old 07-27-2006, 06:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New headlights.....one problem????

did it come with different bulbs? dont use those.
are you using the stock sockets? or the ones that came with the headlights?
use all your stock parts, i had this problem with mine.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:30 PM
arb
1st Gear

well there are two bulbs tht came with my head lights but the turn signal bulb did not that is why i am using it off my stock headlights. but for some reason what ever the thing is called tht the turn signal bulb sits in the pattern does not quite match these angel eye ones?

are you saying i should not even use the two bulbs they gave me that came with the headlights?

Old 07-27-2006, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

I agree with rcons. I installed some smoked e-codes and had the same problem.
I used the stock bulbs and sockets and it worked well. It didn't fit perfectly, so be careful when you thread it, not to fully thread it in.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:00 PM
1st Gear

i've been there. You have to just use your original headlight turn connections. Just disconnect it and connect it to the new one. It should fit. Yours are Sonar brand?

Old 07-28-2006, 06:04 PM
3rd Gear

this happened to me. the nubs on stock socket doesnt match up with holes to let it in.

try this pop one of the nubs in while holding socket at an angle. turn a little till the next nub is ligned up then use a little force to pop it in there. then turn a little till you get the third one in there. just mess with it/use a little force.

watch out! i have these crappy ebay lights (upgrading to ecodes asap) the plastic that covers the turn signal will melt and make your bulbs burn out eventually. they also let moisture in. If you are keeping them take it apart remove the plastic thing over the turn signal. and seal the housing with silicone. otherwise they will look like mine and you will have melted plastic and moisture build up.

I wish i had never gotten them and just bought ecodes right off the bat. but i needed a temp solution until i got money.

btw: good luck getting the angel eyes to work!