Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never owned an Audi - got some A4 questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Never owned an Audi - got some A4 questions

Long posts suck.... I will not resort to taking aderal in order to constructively contribute to these threads....

Old 06-07-2006, 07:00 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: diyer
To explain some reasons why I picked the A4 for example, in contrast, the Aura TL needs 91 octane, has 4 O2 sensors, and 2 Cats - forget that! Gas prices are becoming a huge concern for this person, so, I'm wondering if this is a bad time to consider "any" present vehicle on the market. I'm certain that the next major focus of vehicle mfrs will have much to do with better fuel mileage. Perhaps next years A4 will get dramatically better mileage - and that's one of the concerns. It seems like we are years away from the hydrogen fuel from becoming commonplace in the US, even though Japan has 20 hydro stations built and ready for the new hydrogen capable Mazdas. Btw, does Audi make a hybrid?
No hybrids for Audi, but why would you WANT a hybrid? They're pure hype for the permium you pay for the car. I'd hate to think what will happen to those cars when they get old...

But I like motor vehicles and it is one of my hobbies to work on them (I repair all my property, whatever it is I own). I like the satisfaction the work gives upon completion of a job. I like to take my time and do a cleaner job than the techs do, and I'm tired of techs breaking my cars and not telling me. I own many tools of all types and have invested a good bit of time money in tools. I was told that it is possible to work on ones own Audi - that you can purchase the service information needed to maintain or repair it; that the A4 has a 4 cylinder engine and that you can use regular gas, and that the Quattro system is reliable, and durable - Is the Quattro system reliable and durable, or a nightmare of high costs?
AS long as the car is maintained well, the Quattro can last and last.

I also see where Consumer Reports has given the 2003, 2004 Audi A4 a nearly perfect red donut score - but previous years have a whole bunch of black donuts, and as usual for CR they harp about the electronics and power equipment on European cars. Is this info from CR accurate? Did the 2003/04Audi A4 become vastly improved? God knows we don't need another European nightmare car, having owned two Volvos [they are tough, but they break too frequently], or like my friend, who owns a Benz, and everyday he is calling me complaining that the check engine light is on again, or the daily nuances that can drive you car crazy. Dealer charges him something like $80 to turn his CE light off.
Conmsumer reports is generally a complete waste of time. They have a complete bias towards Hondas/Toyotas. If you know anything about OBDII then you know any auto parts store will turn off your CEL and scan your codes for FREE. This goes for any make of car sold in the USA.

Any late model A4's that have proven to be trouble free? I kind of like the previous A4 body designs as much as the newer shaved rounded plain jane look.

Btw, we came very close to actually getting a 2002/2003 Acura TL, but discovered in the nick of time, that pre 2004 TL's suffered from bad transmissions. Many Acura enthusiasts confirmed this via email. It was against their interest to promote this information, so that was how I knew it had validity to it. So, with that in mind, can someone steer me in the right direction about the A4's, and anything negative, or idiosyncrasies that I need to know in advance about Audi in general, or particular years, or features to avoid, etc., etc. -- Sorry for any typos that crept in.
Honestly I wouldn't get a brand new model. I'd get one with about 30k on it. If the A4 is well maintained they can last for years and years. I got my 96 from a family friend, every record since new and it runs perfectly. You'll have reliability issues with any car on the road. People who buy hondas and toyotas think they don't need maintenance most of the time and SERIOUSLY neglect the car because of this. I've worked on a few that have been let go and they hold plethora of issues. That having been said, German cars are less reliable, but come with original innovation and design. The Japanese copy whatever comes out of Deutschland.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Long posts suck.... I will not resort to taking aderal in order to constructively contribute to these threads....
What?

Short meaningless sentences contribute constructively?

Old 06-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: 2.0TS

What?

Short meaningless sentences contribute contructively?
No, hence the statement "I will not resort to taking aderal in order to constructively contribute to these threads."
Meaning, to contribute to a LONG thread like that, Id have to be hoped up on some aderal (add medication.)
Pay attention.... Maybe you need some aderal?

Old 06-09-2006, 06:30 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 2.0TS

What?

Short meaningless sentences contribute contructively?
No, hence the statement "I will not resort to taking aderal in order to constructively contribute to these threads."
Meaning, to contribute to a LONG thread like that, Id have to be hoped up on some aderal (add medication.)
Pay attention.... Maybe you need some aderal?
Now you want to get personal?

I am paying attention. In fact, I can pay long enough attention to read and follow a long/er post.
If you can't, then why post negative comments? Keep it to yourself cause it doens't add anything or help.

BTW, I have no idea what "aderal" is. Thus, your point gets lost.

Ok, I just looked it up to try and understand your point.
So, you have ADHD and can't follow long posts it seems.
I'm sorry you need the meds for that. But, if you can't concentrate long enough for long posts
maybe you should take the adderall?

"...Like Ritalin, Adderall is a stimulant, but instead of being made of methylphenidate, Adderall is a mixture of different amphetamine salts. It can help to reduce or improve the symptoms of ADHD, including having a short attention span and/or being hyperactive and impulsive."