Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never had so much trouble finding something

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Never had so much trouble finding something

Does anyone know if there is a place online to purchase an Audi door lock cylinder W/Key? My cylinder is busted and just spins 360 degrees and I’m tired of using the trunk lock, plus salts getting in there and the trunk lock is getting hard to use now, afraid it’s going to go next... and of COURSE I can’t reprogram my remote without the damn drivers lock... I even tried pulling the door panel off and attempting to trick the lock into thinking I turned the key by having a friend spin the key while I pulled the arm down...
Stealership wants 200 for the Part alone, if I have them rekey it to my existing key its 450. I would hate to spend THAT much on a damn lock when im trying to save for my turbo...I can do the job myself no prob...

So anyone know a cheeper place to get the part? and is there a walkthrough anywhere? I searched but only found one for a 90' audi.

Thanks Guys.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:56 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Never had so much trouble finding something

Maybe give a local locksmith a call? They'd key it for cheap at least... plus they probably know where to get one.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

Tried it, I must have called about 12 diffrent places and they all said "AUDI? take it to the dealer" lol. That seems to be alot of independent shops answeres for our cars.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

dont know about yours, but my '03, the whole thing is getting replaced and has to be made to VIN # of the car in GERMANY! still waiting after 3 weeks...good luck

Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

ouch, guess the stealership it is thx for the replies all...

Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 PM

try a breakers yard and look for one that has a key

Old 02-07-2007, 05:37 PM
3rd Gear

$450 is criminal... check junkyards in your area. www.car-part.com is a good place to look.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

Agreed, its an insane price, and thansk for the ideas, I called every boneyard in 75 miles I could find in the yellow's none had a match, there was one with a 99.5 passat 4motion that may have been a match but no frekin key =\

I'm looking on car-part now but im having trouble locating one. Theres no category for it, and I dont see anything under the 'front door' or 'door handle' ones. Ill keep looking on there for a bit more. Hell it would probably be cheaper to actually buy an entire door and strip the parts i need, then id have some spare stuff too....

arrg so frekin frustrating hahhaha

Old 02-07-2007, 05:59 PM
1st Gear

Just hit up someone on here parting out a 01' S4, I think the locks are the same, hopefully he responds and still has the key...

Old 02-07-2007, 06:40 PM
5th Gear

I had to get mine at the dealer but it wasnt nearly that much I paid $220 or something like that and they laser cut the thing to match the original key

Quick Reply: Never had so much trouble finding something