Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some audio help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:24 PM
3rd Gear
Default need some audio help

if you think you can help with some subs see below.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_336750/tm.htm

Old 08-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Default RE: need some audio help

if the amp has a low pass filter built in then all you will need to do is get your signal from the rear speakers

Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
3rd Gear

it does have the LPF. any idea how to get that signal. I'm afraid of going in there and splicing and stuff then finding out I totally messed up. I guess I would be doing post amp?

Old 08-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: smokeU

it does have the LPF. any idea how to get that signal. I'm afraid of going in there and splicing and stuff then finding out I totally messed up. I guess I would be doing post amp?
Best thing to do is to splice some female rca's into the back of your head unit into the rr and rl speaker wires. Ya know there are two plugs for the female rca's, and two wires come out of each one. One of those wires is the signal and one is a ground (for each plug) so one wire goes to the speaker wire and the other to your common ground on the back of the head unit and same with the other plug. So the each ground is getting spliced into the same wire on the head unit and the other two signal wires (right/left) go into the RR and RL wires on the back of the head unit. I know that sounds confusing if you need more help/detail search or PM vitamin B6 or badluckaudi and they will be more help. They helped me alot with my setup.
After the female rca's are spliced in you plug in the male rca's and run them to the trunk or wherever your amp is, make sure to run the rca's on the passenger side to avoid interference with all the electrical stuff on the drivers side part of the firewall area.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:07 PM
3rd Gear

got it, that makes perfect sense! thanks a lot man. so its pre-amp tap? now I just have to search to figure out how to get the headunit out. haha! fun stuff!

Old 08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
3rd Gear

signal problem solved thanks onepoint8tee. now who makes the best wiring kits? I know they are pretty pricey but quality wiring is a must. also if anyone has directions or a link for getting the headunit out I would appreciate it. I know it involves a couple butter knives if you dont have keys. lol.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:41 AM
3rd Gear

anyone know how to remove symphony head unit?

Old 08-24-2006, 12:02 PM
4th Gear
Old 08-24-2006, 12:35 PM
3rd Gear

thanks! so I just stick those things in and slide the HU out? do i have to remove ashtray or anything else?

Old 08-25-2006, 04:12 PM
3rd Gear

ok so got the headunit out. now my problem is that the amp wont power on. I have the remote wire to the 75x under the kick panel and the amp powers on for 3-5 seconds then the little light just goes out.

I have done this with signal connected and without. is the amp bad or do I just need to find a new ground or what? i have it grounded to one of the metal clips on the floor of the trunk. under the carpet i have the ground screwed in between the metal clip and the trunk floor.

I have power because if I wiggle the ground it kind of sparks a little. please help! I'm about to just bring it somewhere and have them do it but I would feel a lot better if I could accomplish this. thanks.

Quick Reply: need some audio help