Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need good independent shop near Baltimore

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Default need good independent shop near Baltimore

I searched the site and could not find many good recommendations for indy shops in balt area. I need to do timing belt and other related high mile service and want a shop that is reasonable and does what's necessary, not what they can get away with. I've heard induktion is good, but won't be much cheaper than dealer. Anyone have good experience with any other places. I live in owings mills off 795.

thanks
Michael

Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Default RE: need good independent shop near Baltimore

I asked Induktion what the price would be on a TB change while i was having my coilovers installed. I believe he quoted $995 including parts and labor. As mentioned, not much cheaper than the dealer.

Your best bet is to buy a TB kit and make friends on here in the MD area who have done their own TB job.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

Induktion is top of the line though it is an amazing shop.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:52 PM
cmh

I was chipped @ New German Performance in Aberdeen, MD- about 30 minutes north of B-more up 95. Their rates were less than the dealer (but not dirt cheap) and I felt comfortable having them work on my car- everyone working in the shop is a Volks/Audi enthusiast and knows German performance. They have been one of the highest selling APR dealers in the country for the last few years and do custom performance and aftermarket work as well as maintainance/repair work. I use my dealership as a last resort because I always feel like they are trying to up the price w/ bogus repairs or beat on my car if I leave it, especially now that it is not stock. Last time I was there one of the service techs was redlining an A4 around the lot and almost rear ended another car pulling up for service- not what I want to see for my cars! New German is online @ ngpracing.com

Old 09-27-2007, 08:35 AM

www.brentwoodautomotive.com they are in the city. Awesome place, great guys, and good prices. Give us some more specs on your car...

Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 AM

also check out atspeed motorsports, they are near Elkridge. Great guys there too, and a lot of audi enthusiests. Like A4effort said, us local guys are more than willing to help you out, that is if some cold beers are involved. You might also want to check out euromodder.com its mainly folks in the MD/DC/VA area again who can offer help.