Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED faster a4? HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 11:02 PM
1st Gear
Default NEED faster a4? HELP!!!!

ok i have a HUGE addiction to speed(not the drug) and i currently have a 98 a4 1.8t fwd and i need to get about 300WHP+ i figure about 300AWHP will take out my friend's integra(431whp on high boost) next time we go to the track... i know the s4's twin turbo and 6 speed manual would most likely put out more than a 1.8t a4 but with my previous driving record, paying the insurance for the s4 i'd NEVER get anywhere!!!! what is a resonable AWHP output for a b5 1.8t quattro while still keepin the engine reliable and a daily driver(stock internals& built internals please)? what do i do to get that horsepower for each(what turbo, size injectors, fuel pump, fuel rail, software, etc & the internals to use for the aftermarket internals setup)?, what sites do i go to to find these parts? Has anyone swapped the 2.7L s4 engine into an a4 or know a site where they cover the swap? how hard is it? i'd love to do that but if you think it'd be more work and money than it's worth i'll work with the 1.8t instead. i will be lookin to buy a newer VERY low low low miled b5 in april or may if i decide to go through w/ selling mine or i'll build mine so i hope to have everything all ready bolted up to either mine or the new quattro come summer... also what kind of e.t.'s are people running fwd & quattro? please help as you can tell i'm just learning about these cars but i'm learning quick!! thanks

Old 09-23-2005, 12:25 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: NEED faster a4? HELP!!!!

Alight, you have a fwd, dont even think about making 300awhp. Get a ko4 and tuned it to the max, that will get you about 230awhp, but will be faster due to less wheelspin.

Old 09-23-2005, 12:31 AM
4th Gear

...for 300whp... you're not going to be in stock internals nor is your car still going to be very reliable

not sure how much you can do with teh G28RS, but 300whp isn't that easy to achieve. easier seeing as you have FWD... but POSSIBLY the aforementioned turbo with a pretty aggressive tune (possibly even standalone) deciently chunky injectors, intake, exhaust, will get you close... not sure if quite there. you're also probably going to have to drop in a 2.8 tranny with a hefty clutch for this kind of setup.

now... this is all trying to put you to 300whp... i haven't even gotten around to addressing this 'race' issue. at 300whp, you will get absolutely spanked by a 431whp integra....

for you to have a hope in hell against him... you're going to probably need 450+whp, more than likely a rebuilt S4 tranny, and definatly a huge turbo, stand alone, and big *** injectors... all in all... reliability will be gone, and you're going to be spending gigantic amounts of money

it's not happeneing... i suggest you give up now

as far as dropping a 2.7TT into your car goes... btw finding, buying, and shipping the engine... you're going to be *** deep in cash. then start transferring everything over on the computer end (and i'm not even sure if the engine and tranny mounts come even close to matching) and you're easily waaaay over the amount of money it'd take to buy the S4... and insure it. not to mention... your friend will STILL spank you.. so you're going to have to MOD this engine... we're talking about 2 big turbos here... these turbos require the engine to be removed... so when you're initially dropping in the engine, you're going to be tuning a stand alone to accept the turbos... AND the ECU to accept the engine.

jesus... not even worth it, you will never be anywhere near your friend

Old 09-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Zombie Defense Force

u can get to 300whp on stock internals, it will not be the most reliable car and if u have fwd good luck getting traction and tq steer will be crazy. i would get a different car to race ur friend

Old 09-23-2005, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

get a rs6 and be done with it...

it doesnt even make sense to even try...

Old 09-23-2005, 03:44 AM
3rd Gear

yea this car most likely will never be as fast as a 400whp teg. They are light and if he can hool up ur done...on the hw u will absolutly be destroyed

Old 09-23-2005, 06:00 AM
1st Gear

well thanks for the help and info. that is one nuts integra... it has a direct port kit that can be used on top of that too!!! anyone interested in the 98 a4 then since my hopes of it being fast are gone? i'll look into srt's or something... thanks again.

Old 09-24-2005, 09:15 AM
4th Gear

I' find new friends with slower cars.

Old 09-24-2005, 11:52 AM
2nd Gear

or u could just find a blown 5.0 mustang for 500 dollars, rebuild it for about 1500 buy a supercharger and wet kit for about 2500 and some nice rear wheels w/ slicks and blow the SH*T out of him. I mean, u are looking at spending over twice that much on anything else. So you could have the stang for beating your friend, but then have the a4 for a daily driver that is much nicer than the teg...used to have a gsr.....but just my two cents.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:56 PM
2nd Gear

SRT-4 = Dodge Neon..
Now I know they are fast ,but Devil its a NEON I would never owne a Neon after haveing had an Audi or bmw before.
But it's up to you.

Quick Reply: NEED faster a4? HELP!!!!