Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ned Help!! Brake Pads totally gone

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:20 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Ned Help!! Brake Pads totally gone

Price is decent if you don't want to or know how to do it yourself.

For $100 front pads, make sure you are getting ceramics.

I like Akebono Euros ceramics. Hella low dust. I may be the only guy running them though since no one ever mentions them. They are awesome I tell you.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear

kraylon - how do you like the EBC rotors? Time for me to replace my stockers... just curious what you think of em?
i have the ECS tunning rotors and they work great i have had no issues with them

Thanks kraylon. I called Randy today and he said Mintex pads are garbage and they are like fire and that is why they are called as Red Box. He recommended Pegid brake pads and he also gave a mechanic info that is available in Colorado Springs. Randy gave a quote total of $600 ($100 (front pads) + $150 (front rotors) + $52 (rear pads) + $120 (rear rotors) +$180 Labor).
Please advice
i know there is a alot of bias in the automotive world but things that Randy has mentioned to me i look in to for myself and not once have i been able to find that what he says is not true example friday i was there getting a exhaust gasket and he told he about how i need to get rid of my neuspeed exhaust because the pipe leading up to the muffler is 2.75 inch but the pipe inside the muffler is 1.5, so i had the exhaust apart already so i looked in the muffler and sure enough the pipe in side was alot smaller then the outside pipe so it is like having a stock exhaust with some extras

Old 05-29-2007, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: kraylon
i have the ecs slotted and drilled rotors front and back with ebc's red stuff...and them stop like a champ and not very much dust
You like the red stuff? Curious, what made you go red over green? Is the stopping power lacking until they warm up?

Old 05-30-2007, 05:31 AM
2nd Gear

You like the red stuff? Curious, what made you go red over green? Is the stopping power lacking until they warm up?
i spoke to an ebc rep and he said that the greens are for like civics or slower non turbo carsand thataudis are too heavy and too fast for green stuff so the red are more ideal for our cars and all it takes is 1 good stop from 30ish to warm them up enough to get good bite the first stop i come to i take extra distance and push on the pedal with meduim power then they are warm, so it not let you got to do stop and go for 15mins for them to warm up

Old 05-30-2007, 09:20 AM

Great, thanks for the input. I started a thread a while back trying to get some feeedback on the red stuff but no one posted up.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_473703/.../tm.htm#473703

I was worried about the lower coefficient of friction on the redstuff. I still haven't got pads. I'm leaning toward the Ferodo 2500 but I dont really want to pay $200/set!

Old 05-31-2007, 02:41 AM
2nd Gear

Great, thanks for the input. I started a thread a while back trying to get some feeedback on the red stuff but no one posted up.
i must not of seen that other wise i would of helped you out i got my red stuff pads from here
http://ajusa.comcheck them out the only hard part was figuring out what wear sensor plug i need since there are 3 different but you can look under the car and see them and tell the guy you order them from which ones you need