Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My tires suck A$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Site Moderator
Default My tires suck A$$

When I got my car they put brand new summer tires on last Sept. I didnt expect them to perform as badly as they do in the snow! I mean I could barely get out of a parking spot on level ground with about 3 inches of snow!?!?! I know they are crappy tires to begin with (fusion;s) They are sweet in the summer actually, and have cool looking tread lines, but DAMN! I must say though that the antilock brakes on this car are very good. I am just amazed in the bad performace of these tires in the snow, Im sure quattro would help... I guess Ill be getting some winter tires/wheels for next season... If I can make it through this season alive that is. Whithout doing research, whats a good price for a set of steel wheels/winter tires?? I think I saw someone get theirs for about $400?

Old 12-09-2005, 07:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: My tires suck A$$

Summer tires are not OK to use in the snow. That should be a given. If you have summer-only tires, you should have a winter-only set also. Summer tires in the snow (really under about 40 degrees) are dangerous and should not be used.

You might find a deal on the AZ classifieds, or you could just get steelies from Tirerack, but either way, you need to get winters.

Old 12-09-2005, 07:26 PM
3rd Gear

hehe onepoint8tee. You mean yesterday right ?

It was fun for me I have all season tires and first day with quattro car in a empty parking lot

I don't know but if it snows to night, I'll be on Rt. 161 accross to Acura / Hummer dealer lut for some drift

I can get you some used tires for cheap price if you need it, you can used it for winter. What tires size you need?

Old 12-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Site Moderator

I live about 5 mins away from 161 at the acura dealership. Id meet you if I thought it would be fun, but these are summer only tires and would probably embarass myself out there. I dont know the exact tire size off the top of my head, they are the 16 inch sport wheels though. How much can you get me winter/all season tires for roughly? If it werent for the ABS id be totaly screwed out there! Im figuring that the snow is only around here for another few months, i live about 4 minutes from work, and if i need to do further than that ill take the maxima mostly. I just didnt expect there to be such a big difference with Summer only tires I guess. I mean it drives worse in snow than my old rwd rx7! That was fun for doughnuts!

Old 12-09-2005, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

DO NOT DRIVE ON SUMMER TIRES IN THE SNOW. Read my post from last night... I've got summer tires, and put my car into a concrete wall. And no joke, I can drive BAD A$$ in the snow. I went on ebay last night and found some Hankook 404's (yes i read the reviews on them and they got great reviews) for just over $400 SHIPPED. Check it out. That was for 17" rims too... prolly cheaper if you have smaller rims.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: sir_daft

DO NOT DRIVE ON SUMMER TIRES IN THE SNOW. Read my post from last night... I've got summer tires, and put my car into a concrete wall. And no joke, I can drive BAD A$$ in the snow. I went on ebay last night and found some Hankook 404's (yes i read the reviews on them and they got great reviews) for just over $400 SHIPPED. Check it out. That was for 17" rims too... prolly cheaper if you have smaller rims.
Thanks man... I dont want to drop that much right now, Ill just drive like 5 mph and let everyone pass me and get "revenge" when there is no snow. At least it will help with gas mileage! I know its a big risk to take with summer only tires, if i could find tires for less than $80 each id consider that, but Id really just rather get some steel wheels with good tires and switch em up when I need to, for fun that way too.

Old 12-09-2005, 11:07 PM
3rd Gear

if he had what size we want, we could able to get about $100 for 4 tires + balance everthing include.

Old 12-09-2005, 11:08 PM
3rd Gear

Bro, if you have cell, PM me, tomorrow after work I can go and ask if he has size we need (you need to tell me what size you want) then I can give you a call about price.

Old 12-09-2005, 11:50 PM
2nd Gear

Hey aRif, how good are these used tires you can get? above 80% threading? Hell for 100$ i'd be interested in a set of winter tires size 225/50/16.

And if u'd be nice enough to ship them lol hey i gotta try saving wherever i can if i ever wanna go BT.

Old 12-09-2005, 11:56 PM
dan
2nd Gear

I picked up a set of 17" AT Rivas with damn near brand new all season tires on t hem for $550 shipped of AZ. The tires are Khumo Ecsta ASX All-seasons.

Had them mounted the day before PA's 1st snow fall, damn glad i did too. I have no traction issues at all with these tires. I'm looking forward to more snow on sunday when i can actually go out and play with the car.

I'm really loking the look so I may actually upgrade to the 18-19" rivas for my summer wheels next season.

Quick Reply: My tires suck A$$