Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Sunroof Has A Mind Of Its Own...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear
Default My Sunroof Has A Mind Of Its Own...

This past summer my sunroof in my 98 A4 would always pop-up at random times without out my turning the dial for it. Now in the summer I really didn't care cause it was hot all the time. But now in NY it's freezing and i'm getting sick of this sunroof poping up and sending a draft throughout the whole car. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:47 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: My Sunroof Has A Mind Of Its Own...

brightside06,

I'm glad someone else is having this problem. I feel like my car is haunted sometimes. I used to think that maybe the climate control was doing something cool, like venting the hot air out of the car or something, but that was completely wishful thinking. I still haven't figured it out, but I think it has something to do with the control dial. Sometimes my dial doesn't control the the actions of the sunroof. I'm going to get my electrical system checked out, so if I find anything out I will post ASAP.

DB

Old 11-09-2007, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

yes thank you, mine's not the only haunted car lol. For the longest time i thought it was the climate control too. I was like hell yeah this Audi so high class it knows when to keep me cool. But now i think it's just a messed up dial. .... It could of been my 3 12" JL subs in the trunk that rattled the hell out of my dial....

Old 11-09-2007, 10:05 PM
3rd Gear

I had the same problem. It's so easy to fix.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec109.shtml

Old 11-09-2007, 11:03 PM
1st Gear

Thanks aRIf! I just found the article for the B6. I will give this a whirl sometime this week.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec.html

DB

Old 11-10-2007, 01:47 AM
1st Gear

oh sweet, thanks bro

Old 11-10-2007, 03:45 PM
5th Gear

got the same problem as you. i took out the fuse cuz mine kept opening during rainy season in south fl...yeah not good. i've also done that sunroof fix 3 times now. works for a little while, but the problem keeps coming back. i think im gona remove the whole sunroof assembly and replace it with some plexiglass or sumthin. should help with weight and a lower center of gravity

Old 11-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Yeah my B6 A4 3.0 sedan was a haunted car. The driver's mirror would move outward and the sunroof was always going up and down on its own. Pain in the A**.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:20 PM
1st Gear

Scared the **** out of me the first time mine did it.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:52 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: brightside06

yes thank you, mine's not the only haunted car lol. For the longest time i thought it was the climate control too. I was like hell yeah this Audi so high class it knows when to keep me cool. But now i think it's just a messed up dial. .... It could of been my 3 12" JL subs in the trunk that rattled the hell out of my dial....
well when i turn my car off with my radio on and i get back into the car like on a hour the radio station changes

Quick Reply: My Sunroof Has A Mind Of Its Own...