Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my gf's cat pee'd in my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:20 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: my gf's cat pee'd in my car!!!

1. Scrub the carpet with a cleaner.
2. Spray the pee stain with an odor neutralizer...you can get an odor neautralizer at any pet store.
3. Lastly, get the car an ozone treatment. Most detail shops and some car washes offer this service.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:29 AM
3rd Gear

regarding the last post on first page.... yeah I thought of that!! hahah..... anyway kill that f'in cat!!! or a good way to **** a cat off without killing it is to wrap it up with a couple pieces of duck tape and watch it try to get it off.... not that I've tried it... but I've "heard" its pretty amusing!

cat **** smell neeeeever comes out....

Old 04-24-2006, 05:26 PM
1st Gear

Mental note for next time

Bonsai Kitten

Old 04-24-2006, 08:24 PM
2nd Gear

I removed cat urine from nearly every type of fabric imaginable. I've taken more classes and training than i care to remember, I have sniffed more carpet, fabric, leather with **** on it than a midevil roman leather tanner.

First put nothing on it.

2nd blot it up till it is dry,

3rd vac it up after it dries (it forms dry minute crystals)

4th vac again.

5th Look for a company called bio kleen. I used to buy it comerciall but you can generally find it at fredmeyer. Usually in thier natural producs, health food section. The product you are looking for is called Bac-out. by bio kleen.

6th spritz bacout on very very lightly. Just till it is slightly damp. if you over wet it, the urine will spread further and further out. It will then have more surface area to off gass the urine vapors from.

this will need to happen over multiple times over multiple weeks.

Bac-out is a colony of active live bacterial cultures. They will eat at the left over urine salts and slowly clean the area.

Spray it lightly let it dry for 2 days or so and spray again.

by the 5th or 6th time you should eliminate most of the odor.

(products like natures miracle will not work as effectively. They are made to sell the product, Bac-out was made as a comercial product first. ) Natures miricle will not have the levels of active bacterial content that bac out does.

remember spray it lightly if you spray it heavily you will spread the urine salts, allowing more harmfull bacteria to eat at the salts and off gass that nasty odor.

The carpet must be completely dry before you try an OZONE treatment, Ozone and water makes bleach. and you will not get the off gassing of the bleach out of the car.
it will discolor plastics, fog clear plastic, ruin pleather and leather, and stink to high hell for years. I can not emphisize enough the car must be 100% dry inside.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Grouse

I removed cat urine from nearly every type of fabric imaginable. I've taken more classes and training than i care to remember, I have sniffed more carpet, fabric, leather with **** on it than a midevil roman leather tanner.

First put nothing on it.

2nd blot it up till it is dry,

3rd vac it up after it dries (it forms dry minute crystals)

4th vac again.

5th Look for a company called bio kleen. I used to buy it comerciall but you can generally find it at fredmeyer. Usually in thier natural producs, health food section. The product you are looking for is called Bac-out. by bio kleen.

6th spritz bacout on very very lightly. Just till it is slightly damp. if you over wet it, the urine will spread further and further out. It will then have more surface area to off gass the urine vapors from.

this will need to happen over multiple times over multiple weeks.

Bac-out is a colony of active live bacterial cultures. They will eat at the left over urine salts and slowly clean the area.

Spray it lightly let it dry for 2 days or so and spray again.

by the 5th or 6th time you should eliminate most of the odor.

(products like natures miracle will not work as effectively. They are made to sell the product, Bac-out was made as a comercial product first. ) Natures miricle will not have the levels of active bacterial content that bac out does.

remember spray it lightly if you spray it heavily you will spread the urine salts, allowing more harmfull bacteria to eat at the salts and off gass that nasty odor.

The carpet must be completely dry before you try an OZONE treatment, Ozone and water makes bleach. and you will not get the off gassing of the bleach out of the car.
it will discolor plastics, fog clear plastic, ruin pleather and leather, and stink to high hell for years. I can not emphisize enough the car must be 100% dry inside.
thanks man!!!! don't know what to sayy!! i've tried cleaning the damned **** with a carper shampoo...but i think that made the damned smell worse...so i gotta figure out what to do about this...it's DRIVING ME NUTS...

Old 04-24-2006, 08:54 PM
2nd Gear

lol you have just spread the urine salts everywhere.

It will get worse as that carpet dries the smelly bacteria will break that urine salts down and off gass ammonia.

Depending on how much water you used and how the audi carpet is maded you may have spread those urine salts to the padding of where ever you cleaned. making the odor remove process impossible with out replacing the infected padding.

If your taking the time to do that replace the carpet.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:59 PM
1st Gear

crappppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!! this is NOT good...any remedies to my moronic actions
at this point other than replacing the carpet? and if not...how hard is it to replace theM?
please helppp...

Old 04-24-2006, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear

as the carpet dries out the odor will lesson, There will not be enough mosture to support the bacterial colony growth. Keep in mind that high humidity, or even a good rain storm will cause the odors to flair up. air circulation will also spread the odor around quite a bit. A warm car will also provide a better inviroment for the bad bacteria to grow.

So if you live in the south, with 80% humidity your fubar'd.

Now if you want to try the first steps i mentioned you can. Just know you need to put the bacout over the larger area now. wait for it to dry then do it again. The odor will flair up a bit each time you spray bac-out on, but the overal amount of odor will lesson with each application.

If it was me, and I did not have my cleaning equipment or expertiese, i would probably look for a replacement carpet and pad, (if they are seperate, it is likely they are combined)

Old 04-24-2006, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

Try Nature's Miracle from PetCo. or try any disinfectant with enzymes specifically for mess.

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.as...familyID=5986&

I never tried this product but i know its better than sitting to dry... I hope this helps.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

and it is not 1/100000 the product i mentioned.