Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My friend's 2002 A4...crashed 3 days after buying it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Administrator
Default RE: My friend's 2002 A4...crashed 3 days after buying it!

ORIGINAL: a4sport

Panda.....I did the same.

Looks identical. LOL.

Had to change rad support, ac condensor, radiator, fan shroud assembly, hood, and some other little pieces.

I still need front bumper and fix my rt front fender. Glad I did it though. Only have $14k into my $20k car.
it does look the same

ya its good to buy a salavaged car and restore it, casue it saves so much money
my uncle did all the work at his shop so i got it for dirt cheap
but u do take a gamble when u do that but i wasnt worried becasue my uncle said it was all good
i couldnt pass up on it casue it had only 15k miles on it

i fell in love with the car when i saw it in that condition

Old 09-05-2006, 09:33 PM
4th Gear

+1
ORIGINAL: Jeff

wow sucks. every time i see these kinds of threads it reminds me of y only i drive my car

Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: new2me

+1
ORIGINAL: Jeff

wow sucks. every time i see these kinds of threads it reminds me of y only i drive my car
i let my boss drive it the 2nd day i got it only cuz i wouldn't have been able to afford it without his approval of my big promotion! other than that...thats it, none of my buddies are trustworthy enough yet. I let my best friend drive my prelude once, got it hungup taking it out of the parking lot.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:19 PM

I never wear flipflops driving my car. I did it once for a quick trip and it was just too annoying... but I'm a size 13. I don't care if it's the dead of summer, I just won't drive stick with flipflops, too much could go wrong. Let this thread be a warning...

Old 09-05-2006, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: wolfdog

I never wear flipflops driving my car. I did it once for a quick trip and it was just too annoying... but I'm a size 13. I don't care if it's the dead of summer, I just won't drive stick with flipflops, too much could go wrong. Let this thread be a warning...

Yah, big +1 on the flip-flops. The true worst-case scenario is having one slip off and getting wedged underneath your brake pedal. Car no stop good :-)

Take 'em off, and put them in the passenger seat.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:20 AM
SoCal Crew Member

sorry about car man, and speaking of flip flops, they suck for driving, ill get into my girlfriends car and find them already around the pedals cuz she just leaves em there, and her screwy bimmer floormats always sneak up on the pedals

Old 09-06-2006, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

OK, time to come out of the hiding and into the real world!

I am the one who owns the car and the one who let my friend drive it. Never, will another soul drive my vehicle. Not because of a trust issue, but because it sux watching one of your best friends, who you not only trust with your life but also with your car, shrink into a tiny ball and fade away into a black hole. Oh, and another reason why… because it REALL REALLY SUX watching your car going into the ditch and being helpless to do anything about it.

So also let me clarify some points...
- I had the car 26 hours, not three days. He was the first and only friend I let drive the car after I bought it.
- There was no guardrail (thank god), he drove straight through an intersection and into a ditch. He didn't hit anything other than a ditch.
- I never thought to check to see what shoes (or flops) he was wearing, otherwise he would have not been driving my car. I never drive with flip flops, they are an accident waiting to happen as you all have noted!
- Only damage done to the body is to the front. From the doors back is perfect, minus 1 out of place muffler and a flat tire.
- Rims are still in perferct condition and are not for sale.

Thanks for the support… and no you can’t drive my car.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:31 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Vabbe sci CIAO!

So also let me clarify some points...
- I had the car 26 hours, not three days. He was the first and only friend I let drive the car after I bought it.
- There was no guardrail (thank god), he drove straight through an intersection and into a ditch. He didn't hit anything other than a ditch.
- I never thought to check to see what shoes (or flops) he was wearing, otherwise he would have not been driving my car. I never drive with flip flops, they are an accident waiting to happen as you all have noted!
- Only damage done to the body is to the front. From the doors back is perfect, minus 1 out of place muffler and a flat tire.
- Rims are still in perferct condition and are not for sale.
Blah blah blah, details details. Didn't have a chance to fact-check the story, so I took some slight creative liberties. I think my version is better...I should've added that he swerved to avoid a bus full of nuns and crippled children! And then the car exploded! This could be a movie-of-the-week by the time I'm done.

Welcome to the forums buddy...once you get your car back in one piece, we'll work on getting you some coilovers and a supercharger. [sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-06-2006, 04:55 PM
1st Gear

Just got a call from the adjuster... and the damage is.... $5,019.79.

Radiator - Gone
Power Steering Cooler - Gone
Headlights OK Mountabs not - Gone
Left Fog - Gone
Air Condensor - Gone
Fenders - Gone
Bumper - Gone
Grill - Gone
Oil Pan - Gone
Lower Engine Cover - Gone
Resonator - Gone
Tire - Gone
... and a few other things - Gone
There appears to be no engine damage - YAY

I was expecting worse. Let's hope they do not find anything else.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:00 PM

This is the exact flip flop color and model I was wearing. When mixed with water, does not play nice with german automobiles.

Honestly the worst feeling ever.

Quick Reply: My friend's 2002 A4...crashed 3 days after buying it!