Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my DV shot?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 01:21 AM
3rd Gear
Default Is my DV shot?

I got bored today and want to try something different.

I disconnected return side of my dv and use like a BOV see how loud it was going to be. (I blocked the other side of the hose)

Question 1: I started the car and idle was like $hit. I looked at my DV and accually air was coming from it. Then I tought maybe I needed to swich the side so I turn the DV and run the car again and got the same problem. Air was coming all the time even at idle.
I assume DV and BOV same thing only different DV had return like to the intake so it should hold the air even at idle.

I have EVO DV and it should be strong even at 25psi. I accuallt bought Tutboxs dv but not recieved yet.

Question 2: Since I will start to run 30psi daily, do you guys think that Turboxs DV should work without problem. If not, what DV can I get to hold ~30psi. I think Forge has different springs for different boost level but dunno if it goes up to 30psi.

or is it time to switch a BOV [&:]

Old 10-07-2006, 01:56 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Is my DV shot?

to test it suck in the vac line with your mouth and see if it will hold vaccum. i would get the forge rs one thats adjustable. i have it on my evo and its amazing. very solid piece and its adjustable so that makes it good ot

Old 10-07-2006, 02:31 AM
1st Gear

I had a turbo xs in my car for about 1 year and roughly 20k miles. The top end of the dv where the boost line connects to the valve some how broke off and upon inspection the weld job looked pretty shotty. Im unsure how much boost the valve can hold but i know when I it on before it broke, my giac programming didnt seem to like it and would deactivate itself if i redline 3rd or 4th gear it was really weird... but def was the dv cuz it doesnt do it anymore since i got the new dv. The only plus i could say about the turboxs dv is that its pretty loud for a dv. BTW I bought a hyperboost valve. Once i blew my turboxs valve i needed a replacement the next day so i could drive my car. There was 1 place where i live that sold dvs for our cars. I went to a place called ICS http://www.icsperformance.com/main.htm in Connecticut and their head mechanic had a forge 007, bailey and hyperboost valve from stratmosphere or some **** and they were all the same price but he ranted and raved about this valve and how people use them on thier modded s4s and said that their shop sold on average 20 of them a week. Anyway its in and it works great and the giac chip has no problems anymore so im happy with it.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:20 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Jeff

to test it suck in the vac line with your mouth and see if it will hold vaccum. i would get the forge rs one thats adjustable. i have it on my evo and its amazing. very solid piece and its adjustable so that makes it good ot
we still do not have the sound clip of it

Old 10-07-2006, 05:22 AM
Zombie Defense Force

well i had a problem with my car. my o2 sensor was rubbing against the body of the car and the wires shorted out. so every time i would go a mile the car would blow a fuse. i had no clue what was wrong other then that i was blowing fuses. so i took it to the shop and then after a day of reasearch on my behalf i found out what was wrong and told mitsu and they fixed it. got it back yesterday and ill make a vid soon

Old 10-07-2006, 06:03 AM
5th Gear

dude sounds like your DV is toast, thats what my old one did when it went out the door
ORIGINAL: aRIf

ORIGINAL: Jeff

we still do not have the sound clip of it

Old 10-07-2006, 06:28 AM
3rd Gear

prob. turboxs will die soon too.. I need something stronger

Old 10-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Zombie Defense Force

im telling you time for forge
ORIGINAL: aRIf

prob. turboxs will die soon too.. I need something stronger

Old 10-08-2006, 05:06 AM
3rd Gear

ok. I got me turboxs dv tuday and installled it. first I installed as a bov and hear how loud it could be at 25psi I installed 6 washers as manual says.

it was damn loud. I was amazed. anyway I drove like 20mins then my idle get messy. then lost all the power could not even go over 5psi. anyway I parked my car and connected the recirculated part and worked great no problem.

at the idle, turboxs was leaking and I can feel that air is coming out. is it normal ?

and how come it worked as a bov like 20 mins no problem then die?

Old 10-08-2006, 05:48 AM
1st Gear

I installed my forge 007, it is LOUD. Not BOV loud, but definitley you can hear it both inside and out, I love it, especially since you can keep the low key audi profile.

Quick Reply: Is my DV shot?