Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my dealer claims my car's problems are happening to other A4s - is this happening to you?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:29 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: my dealer claims my car's problems are happening to other A4s - is this happening to you?

if it's confidential then why is he telling you?? hmm....sounds like someone is a secret agent for them!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:29 PM
dan
2nd Gear
Default RE: my dealer claims my car's problems are happening to other A4s - is this happening to you?

sounds like a crock of BS to me. it was probably the fuel filter or fuel pump the entire time and it just took them this long to find it.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Site Moderator

Wow - thats ridiculous. The fuel filter could cause the studdering/stalling problem if it were clogged or defective - but that hardly points to the gas as being the problem. The filter would be the problem. That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Blaming the car's problem on the gas manufacturers?????

They are definitely not telling you the truth here. My guess is they have no idea whats up and instead of being frank with you they are throwing some stupid excuse

Old 06-20-2006, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

yes it's an Audi dealer. I just called another dealer who said that he hasn't heard of this problem.

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Are they an Audi Dealer?

I would find another authorized audi dealer and take it to them Or, call them first and see if they have heard of the problem.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

yes, I found this to be quite comical myself. He referred repeatedly to confidential memos that he had. I said, hey - how about faxing that to me? and he stuttered worse than my car.

ORIGINAL: SlowWagon08

if it's confidential then why is he telling you?? hmm....sounds like someone is a secret agent for them!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:39 PM
4th Gear

Sounds like a no brainer - take it to the other dealer and tell these guys to get lost.

Be sure to tell audi about the poor service you got from the first place as well. They should not be so crappy.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Site Moderator

That's pretty shady.

Now where did I put my BS flag...

Old 06-20-2006, 06:41 PM
2nd Gear

[sm=bs.gif][sm=bs.gif][sm=bs.gif] Here you go!!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Site Moderator

That sucks. Sounds like they were trying to give you a first class ticket to go on their BS train. Take it to a different dealer and explain the ordeal and they will hopefuly treat you like gold and be honest.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: brrman

Wow - thats ridiculous. The fuel filter could cause the studdering/stalling problem if it were clogged or defective - but that hardly points to the gas as being the problem. The filter would be the problem. That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Blaming the car's problem on the gas manufacturers?????

They are definitely not telling you the truth here. My guess is they have no idea whats up and instead of being frank with you they are throwing some stupid excuse

Exactly. If it is a problem with fuel filters, then it's NOT fuel related, but "fuel system" related. That wouldnt' have anything to do with the use of ethanol.
Also, these cars are designed to run on the small percentage of ethanol that can be blended with fossil fuel to make US gasoline.
It seems more likely that if there is a rash of problems that it's more likely to be a problem with fuel filters, not the gas.

Quick Reply: my dealer claims my car's problems are happening to other A4s - is this happening to you?