Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car is OVerboosting

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:04 AM
1st Gear
Default My car is OVerboosting

I should be happy right now because..The a4 feels so fast..way faster then stock...well here it is...It all started with an exhaust 3in turbo back...then after a week the car started popin...felt like **** for like 3 weeks..i was baffeled...so then i figured at 150K my trubo was causing this..so i changed it with a fresh 30K gti turbo not tha sport one tha regular one....my mechanic sold it to me...it was his friends that switched it out to get a gt28..but he said that someone was messin with tha wastegate..he explained it to me that like it was holdin more boost ( do u guys know wat this means..like more thourghly...)..and after the install my care was acting pretty much tha same..i didnt feel a difference kinda of pissed i didnt no wat to do because my car was still popin and felt sluggish ..well a couple of days ago i change my spark plugs an they were the problem...my car feels so freakin fast...BUT theres one problem...my mechanic a different one drove my car and ask how much im boosting..i told him stock 6 or 7..he said no way..it feels at least 10-15 pounds..and he told me when the ECU or comp feels like theres more boost then stockbeing dumped..it cuts off fuel...So please tell me wat to do..I need more Ponies...so i'm guessin a chip right!..and if so will the chip correct my fuel problems where it cuts off the fuel?

Old 10-23-2005, 02:17 AM
Administrator
Default RE: My car is OVerboosting

chip it and get a boost guage..

Old 10-23-2005, 02:17 AM
1st Gear

The waste gate will open when your turbo reaches full boost. This prevents the turbos from continuously building boost. You can look at it as an alternate path for the exhaust to go, rather then through the tubine.

I am new to the A4 realm, I am about to buy a an 04 with 12kmiles and it has virtually everything; its the 1.8T though. I used to own a Supra and built it up with a single turbo to over 600HP. I sold it to buy a house a couple years ago and to free up some time to finish grad school.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Administrator

wow.. that sounds like fun! ^^ welcome to the forum.. good luck with your purchase... what color is it?

Old 10-23-2005, 02:28 AM
1st Gear

I am gonna chip it proably apr or giac...Jomama i wouldnt really buy a modded car..but with 12xxx miles u cant go wrong..nice wokr with the supra..my bro has a lexus is300 with the Infomous 2jz engine..he night go single turbo...were r u located at jomama ..in south Fl we gots mad supras...check out the turbodreams videos much of our guys r on em..thanx redgoat i will get a boostguage.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Administrator

I dont think he was referring to mods on the A4 he is going to buy... I think he was reffering to options..

Old 10-23-2005, 02:52 AM
1st Gear

Yup, I plan on keeping the A4 stock. The A4 I am looking at is BLK/BLK leather, ultra sport package; looks beautiful. I posted a couple questions attempting to get some advice from you guys.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:35 PM
5th Gear

How did you put a GTI turbo on a golf? I was under the impression that they were different... transverse mounting and whatnot was the reasoning. Same reason we cant get a k04 from a 225 hp TT

Old 10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
3rd Gear

^^bingo u cant, unless u swap the manifold and intake and a lotta other stuff and still it would cost a lotta money. I wonder if the shop even touched the turbo... maybe they just screwed around with the threading on the wg arm

Old 10-23-2005, 09:29 PM
5th Gear

Yep, I'm thinking he has the same turbo he had before, and maybe got hosed for some money. Maybe they THOUGHT they could give you the golf turbo... realized they couldnt... and figured, hmm... what if we just tell him we did it! Brilliant.

I'd get to the bottom of this...

Quick Reply: My car is OVerboosting